Frequent Shutdown

Sandipan Mallick

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I am having Nokia Lumia 1520 brought in Oct 2014. Till May this year the phone was working fine. But all of a sudden the phone is getting shut down. Unless I plug the charger the phone is not getting on. Sometimes it shows the battery as 2% and within 15-20 min the battery goes to full charge level. When the phone is plugged to charger the shut down never happens. When the ph is off from charger and I use the phone its just shuts down. Took the phone to service center and the person said the battery is ok. I had Win 10 then subscribed to Insider and did hard reset. But still the result is same. If the phone is fully charged and I am not using it the battery drain out is very less.

I am puzzled at what has happened. Please help.

:cry:

Thanks

Sandipan

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I am having Nokia Lumia 1520 brought in Oct 2014. Till May this year the phone was working fine. But all of a sudden the phone is getting shut down. Unless I plug the charger the phone is not getting on. Sometimes it shows the battery as 2% and within 15-20 min the battery goes to full charge level. When the phone is plugged to charger the shut down never happens. When the ph is off from charger and I use the phone its just shuts down. Took the phone to service center and the person said the battery is ok. I had Win 10 then subscribed to Insider and did hard reset. But still the result is same. If the phone is fully charged and I am not using it the battery drain out is very less.

Thanks

Sandipan

It sounds like a faulty battery.
Remove it and clean all copper pins, on slot too. How is the heating?

Consider a replace battery

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I agree - typical symptoms of a failed battery. The charge indication is NOT accurate when the battery is worn out and will give misleading percentages.

Greyphilosophy

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
This isn't a phone where you can easily remove or replace the battery. I had a similar problem and instead of paying $150 for a repair place to replace the battery I just paid the same to buy another one on eBay. Unfortunately I'm having the same problem on the newer phone as well. Everything will be just fine and then all of a sudden it says the battery is critically low followed a second later by "goodbye". Sometimes I can turn it right back on and there will be some charge left, other times it's all the way gone.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Thanks

Sandipan

I have the exact same problem. What's it cost to replace the battery? It's a great phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12