Digitizer & Screen replacement

Dombert

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a WIN HD LTE X150E and it has developed a problem with digitizer response in the centre of the screen. Have tried the software routes through to WIN Recovery to reload the firmware with no change, I therefore think it is a hardware digitizer issue and the screen and other functions seem to still work 100%.

To fix this:

1. Has anyone posted a disassembly video anywhere? So far not found one, and this must be the first time I have not found any posted information for a handset

2. Does anyone know if the digitizer is bonded to the screen? I have done HTCs and iPhones before, and these have used bonded which usually needs a replacement screen and digitizer to get both clarity and the right thickness

I had HTC 8S and X handsets before and desperately wanted HTC to release a new windows device to avoid being forced down the Lumia option. The BLU WIN HD LTE handset is very good up to now. I would like to continue using it!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the Blu is like $85 now...I'd just replace it with a new one. (If the European version can be had for a similar price.)

I have a WIN HD LTE X150E and it has developed a problem with digitizer response in the centre of the screen. Have tried the software routes through to WIN Recovery to reload the firmware with no change, I therefore think it is a hardware digitizer issue and the screen and other functions seem to still work 100%.

To fix this:

1. Has anyone posted a disassembly video anywhere? So far not found one, and this must be the first time I have not found any posted information for a handset

2. Does anyone know if the digitizer is bonded to the screen? I have done HTCs and iPhones before, and these have used bonded which usually needs a replacement screen and digitizer to get both clarity and the right thickness

I had HTC 8S and X handsets before and desperately wanted HTC to release a new windows device to avoid being forced down the Lumia option. The BLU WIN HD LTE handset is very good up to now. I would like to continue using it!

Dombert

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You are right there were some around at that price on Amazon, but supply seems to have finished and price is back up. It makes economic sense to change the digitizer but not to change the complete display and digitizer assembly. If they are bonded like the iPhone and the HTC 8 then its definitely a forget it and move on.

Dombert

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately there are't any more of the refurb devices around on Amazon, only the JR. If the digitizer is not bonded to the screen and can be replaced on its own then its worth it as everything else works fine on the handset and its a great handset to use. If the digitizer is bonded to the LCD module, then I agree its not worth the trouble.
Its the first handset I have had that nobody has posted a disassembly video, and $85 for a replacement would be a reason.

Dombert

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
The answer is that the screen is bonded to the digitizer. The screen uses the digitizer to give it strength, so there is a big risk of breaking the LCD in separation.
The upside is that the handset is one of the easiest I have come across to take apart. Its click together, so only needs a spudger tool to click the chassis parts apart. The battery is very easy to replace.

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Three weeks ago I dropped mine when it was sitting on the top step of a 6 foot ladder onto tile and ended up with a blank screen. I went down the same path thinking I could replace the screen since I already put the phone in a new chassis and that was easy enough. A small Phillips and a spudger is all that is needed. When I looked for a screen replacement I found that I could just replace the whole thing for $50 with prime. I just looked and it looks like they are back to $120-ish. Try looking on craigslist. I have found cheap phones, and other electronics, on there for parts. Typically they are not working, but if the screen is good, it is fairly straightforward, to replace as Dombert stated.

I just watched a video on separating the screen from a digitizer on the iPhone 6 and 6s. It needs an oven and a really steady hand not to break the thin panes of glass. This looks like a real challenge. I love the people selling kits to replace iPhone 6 glass for $30.00 with a pentalobe screw driver, suction cup and guitar pick. Even C-Net says it is easy I love Louis Rossmann's rant on that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3RuEcDEuU

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon