Lumia 950 Camera Problem

xapache

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Recently my L950 camera makes a horrible noise - almost like a short circuiting sound - when I tilt the phone or move it while taking a picture or shooting a video.

Has anyone heard of this? You can hear it when shooting video and it sounds very electrical and clanky. Terrible descriptions, I know, but it is extremely strange - I can no longer take a picture reliably. I'm on AT&T and it has been less than 1 year - so I might try to exchange it.

Ugh.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Recently my L950 camera makes a horrible noise - almost like a short circuiting sound - when I tilt the phone or move it while taking a picture or shooting a video.

Has anyone heard of this? You can hear it when shooting video and it sounds very electrical and clanky. Terrible descriptions, I know, but it is extremely strange - I can no longer take a picture reliably. I'm on AT&T and it has been less than 1 year - so I might try to exchange it.

Ugh.

since it's less than a year, go there for it to be checked - certainly that sounds like a hardware issue - it could either be repaired or replaced

blackburberry

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site

Ugh.

See if the noise is coming from your speaker. Try to position the speaker close to your ear when you use the camera.

EndreLeine

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue!....

Terrible noise just like you describe eminating from the camera, while the screen shows "ripples" across it when the optics (I assume) are vibrating back and forth.

I believe the same issue is presented here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...ra-lumia-950-acting-crazy-video-included.html but not as "brutal" as the once I and the OP are experiencing.

Anyone had the same and if so, what was the fix if you ended up taking this to a MS service center?...
Yes, both soft and hard reset has been performed, no effect - and no, phone has not been dropped or otherwise endured physical stress to generate such effects in the camera.

Another post suggested a physical error with the Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS), triggering a warranty return.

Suggestions?...

TommyDeca

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Terrible sound from the camera when it tries to focus. It might seem better/more stable in portrait mode than in landscape mode. Tried to factory reset my Lumia 950 twice, but still the same problem.

odairduque

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
this problem rises about 3 months ago with my phone (Lumia 950 in fast ring), when I used Office Lens, the camera started to make a weird sound trying to get focus of the document I want to scan.... Since, autofocus begun to fail several times and now it can't focus any object either manual or auto

TrollingDevice

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same issue. I reset my phone (with no effect), and sent it back to Microsoft for servicing.

However they did not repair the camera because of "liquid intrusion" and "humidity on the lens". I always took best care for my phone, but apparently it wasn't enough for Microsoft. My warranty is now void and the only solution is to buy a new spare camera.

You can find them for less than 20$ on aliexpress for example.

I don't know what will be my next phone, but it won't be a Microsoft phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs