All contact pictures suddenly gone?

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
All contact pictures suddenly gone ?!

Using a L830 (8.1), L920 (8.1) and L1520 (10, fast)

All three phones using the same live account for contacts and calendar and one gmail account for mail.

The 920 and 1520 were switched off. The L830 was on flightmode for a few hours (all normal before that). After deactivating flightmode i noticed the people live tile on my start screen was empty showing no pictures.
In the people hub all the contacts are still available but all the images are gone.
After switching on the 920 and 1520 and them syncing automaticly also all contact images gone on these phones. Logged into the live account on a computer later on, also contact images gone. No phone numbers or email adresses lost, just the contact images. What on earth could have caused this? All the contact images wer put in manually in the past, no facebook or linked in account in use.

Did not use the L1520 for a few weeks until two days ago when I installed the latest fast ring update. It must have something to do with this, cant think of any other reason. Did not install or remove any apps or fooled around with settings recently.

Anyone? Many thanks !

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: All contact pictures suddenly gone ?!

same here just stopped working after downloading a lot of updates when I changed region to try to get Cortana to display 24 hour format on the normal ring

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it's a regional thing after switching the regine back to US it works for me again

motoPK

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
All my contacts profile pics disappeared from my Lumia 920 yesterday.

Is there no solution to this, to get the photos back?

I can't be bothered to go through the list to add them all back in manually.

buxtong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 640 lost my contact pics too! Maybe 2-4 days ago? Thought someone messed with my phone. Will try a restore on my backup phone and I'll post back

WP7WasMyIdea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This happened to me (on HTC M8) running w10m preview. It happened to my wife as well. She's using the same phone.. on wp 8.1.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

From other threads, this seems to be related to recent outlook.com upgrades.
Messed up mine ove night, all photos I manually attached gone. Skype photos still there.
Also linked some unrelated contacts together.
I left feedback but from what others are saying we are sol.

CodeGEN

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 950 mine is also gone , and People -- Settings -- (Accounts ) Outlook shows an infinite syncing . But I have my contacts on my L 1020 .
I am thinking of deleting all the people on L950 and Transfer Contacts from L1020 , hope it works and sync correctly

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

This is totally unacceptable. Many of my contacts are erroneously linked to others or just gone.

I there an easy way to check all links?
I have hundreds if contacts, how us a person supposed to sort through the information?
Does Microsoft have a backup of outlook.com that we can restore?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

This is totally unacceptable. Many of my contacts are erroneously linked to others or just gone.

I there an easy way to check all links?
I have hundreds if contacts, how us a person supposed to sort through the information?
Does Microsoft have a backup of outlook.com that we can restore?

I agree its horrible. But complaining here does nothing. Tweet @donasarkar

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I experienced same thing today. My Lumia 830 is non-insider build 14393.321.
I did factory reset yesterday. After that when I started phone and added Outlook account, all contacts were back, but pictures gone!
Besides I have added Gmail account and Synced Mail, Contacts and Calendar. Mail and Calendar got synced, but contacts from Gmail are not displayed.
Is this same or new issue with Gmail contacts sync?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Has MS even responded to this problem officially? I've see a couple of postings saying that the problem occurred with one of the latest Outlook updates. I've lost mine as well and to be honest, I don't have the time nor inclination to manually add pictures to over 100 contacts.

Moving on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte