Am I the only one who is facing Microsoft Maps issues?

SidJ9

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I was booking a cab few days back on Ola Cabs app, and also on Uber, the problem i was facing was that my location was showing across the other street. Is it the app bug or the fault with OS.
And this Microsoft maps sucks. Couldn't get to a location, and a very known common location. Anybody facing this problem? Anybody has a solution on this ??:cry::cry:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was booking a cab few days back on Ola Cabs app, and also on Uber, the problem i was facing was that my location was showing across the other street. Is it the app bug or the fault with OS.
And this Microsoft maps sucks. Couldn't get to a location, and a very known common location. Anybody facing this problem? Anybody has a solution on this ??:cry::cry:

might be gps coverage was spotty
Was your internet on? Searching for most locations needs an active internet connection

Additionally, the maps data is almost entirely dependent on people who have mapped that area. If the individuals are few or haven't been active in mapping, then the quality of data will be low.

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the same difficulty with my 830. Just this weekend, an uber driver thought I was moving around - when I was in the same spot. Seems to be an issue with the 830's GPS - because never had that issue with my 640.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Issue is not with GPS, but with Windows Maps data (which is based on HERE Maps data). I also have Lumia 830 with W10M (10586.494).
In my case, for my home location, it displays address of another locality which is 4-5 Km from my home. And when I use Cab booking app (Ola/Uber), same location "name" is being sent to driver who think my location is that place so he reaches there. As Cab booking apps are using local Maps from our phone, they pick incorrect location name. But in gMaps Pro app (which uses Google Maps data), my location name is correctly displayed.
So when at home, I have to book cab from my Android phone :(

MemeMI

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Since the Here maps were canceled for my phone (Lumia 830, WP10) I use the Maps app and the most of the time my mobile doesn't find my location or it can't get the GPS signal - both issues are very disappointing. Because of all this I am not able to use the Maps app which is an additional disappointment after the news that the HERE app collection will get canceled for windows phone.... :(

DionisusAreopagus

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
The here... But, I've discovered that my position in the map get fixed by turning on the Wi-Fi... I mean, almost the time I use Maps it's with Mobile Data and gps seems not to work properly. But, when turn on Wi-Fi, it seems Maps detect in a better way your location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos