Lumia 950xl random reboots build 14379

Lumia666

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
This is a battery issue. My battery has swelled alot, so I ordered a new one. Still waiting for it.
Read on some Swedish page that when the battery was replaced, the issues stopped.

gr021857

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Mak11, I ordered a new battery from Rounded.com as per that thread and I've been green flash and reset free for the past 2 weeks now. Wanted to give it a good bedding in period before I confirmed but it was instantly noticeable really. Thanks and this really should be publicised a bit more, especially now they are saying there are no Warranty repair devices left.

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if my frequent reboot issue is 100% related to battery because I checked my battery but didn't see visible shape change.

Blakatak

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I thought that it was because I was on the Insider Fast Ring as it started happening with the first Redstone 2 builds - 14905, then 14915, then 14926 and now again today on 14936. I did a hard reset on 14926 and it persisted. My firmware is 01078.00053.16236.35006, which I think came out around the same time, and I've heard that's the culprit, that it causes the battery to fail. I've seen posts on Reddit where people with this issue replaced the battery and it went away. I'm going to go to the Microsoft Store tomorrow and hopefully that will fix it.

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
It surely isn't any of the Insider builds. I was on all the Production builds since January when I got my phone. I started to experience these crashes/green flash/unlock reset/constant reboot when battery drops to like 40% or less after the second Anniversary Update. The battery warranty is sadly only 6 months so I just went ahead and bought the battery mentioned in this thread. I will receive it hopefully in a week. I'm afraid it may cause an issue with my new battery eventually if it isn't fixed in any of the latest builds.

gr021857

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, unfortunately my issue has returned :( only 8 months out of the battery and I'm having the same issues again, it started around 10% and has slowly worked up to happening at 40% today.

I really don't know what to do now, as I want to be a part of the Redstone 3 testing but I also need a phone that works. Paying another £30+ for another battery is really annoying and I've only had the phone a year and 5 months, so that's 2 batteries dead within what would be a 24 month contract (I luckily dropped out of contracts and am on a rolling £10 contract).

It has to be a defective handset, why are others not seeing this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos