DTTW to wake interim "option" - camera button (sort of)

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I know I do this, mostly because I have worn out a power button before, and also because the recent builds do the "right thing" here.

Right now, if you have a dedicated camera button, it will wake the phone, and put into camera mode (assuming you have it set that way).
Instead of taking a pic, if you hit "Windows", you get the standard sign-in, and it's more or less like you just hit the power button, from that point. It used to be that the camera would continue to run, background, but that's changed in recent builds.

There you go, for some of you, like me, waiting for DTTW to be re-implemented (had it on my last two Win Phones, addicted for sure), there's a one-off option, that's a little different than the power button ;-]

For those of you with devices that have the camera button, but the firmware and/or device doesn't support DTTW at all, then it's a handy little trick.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I know I do this, mostly because I have worn out a power button before, and also because the recent builds do the "right thing" here.

Right now, if you have a dedicated camera button, it will wake the phone, and put into camera mode (assuming you have it set that way).
Instead of taking a pic, if you hit "Windows", you get the standard sign-in, and it's more or less like you just hit the power button, from that point. It used to be that the camera would continue to run, background, but that's changed in recent builds.

There you go, for some of you, like me, waiting for DTTW to be re-implemented (had it on my last two Win Phones, addicted for sure), there's a one-off option, that's a little different than the power button ;-]

For those of you with devices that have the camera button, but the firmware and/or device doesn't support DTTW at all, then it's a handy little trick.

Double tap to wake is coming to the 950 devices so they get some reprieve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire