New Firmware watch thread

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Next round of firmware updates will appear on the 19th.

Looks as though this date has slipped for some reason, which is why Microsoft don't publish dates up front for this kind of thing. Sorry if I misled anyone, I've been hammering the update button all yesterday too.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks as though this date has slipped for some reason, which is why Microsoft don't publish dates up front for this kind of thing. Sorry if I misled anyone, I've been hammering the update button all yesterday too.

No problem, you gave the information in good faith :) Do you know when the planned revised date is please?

Kinda frustrating to have to wait for this firmware when my device is unbranded / sim free :(

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Pete
Originally Posted by Pete
Next round of firmware updates will appear on the 19th.

Chill Pete. Not an issue at all. I'm surrounded by areas that got it a couple of weeks ago! The upside? Lots of TP's to play with.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll ask when I happen to speak with my guy again. Obviously I don't want to hammer him with questions all the time. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. He teased me about the double-tap that he was testing at the start of April, but he's still using the power button just out of habit.

Actually my 950XL is behaving itself pretty well so I don't have a huge need for this firmware - I got out of the double-tapping habit a couple of months ago.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Finally, it's available through OTA, 950xl US region.

Sent from mTalk

Just seen this on another thread, so maybe there was a limited release yesterday after all. We'd have to wait for more people to post to confirm.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I see the update being available on WDRT for my US CV. I'll flash it in the evening. Nothing through OTA.

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I flashed mine to the LTA 7R last week. I'm waiting to see when the NAM 4R is available OTA, then will try registry editing to see if I can switch back to it without flashing again.

If that works, I'll update my "tired of waiting" tutorial because that would be a lot easier.

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
950XL Dual SIM for North America shows new firmware on lumiafirmware.com now

Attachments

• Capture07202016.PNG
    Capture07202016.PNG
    78.9 KB · Views: 3

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Nothing in Chicago.

Yeah, I wonder if anyone has a confirmed 950XL DS, NAM CV, 059X505, that flashed OTA...
Still trying to hold out, my accidental flash to 16082 and reset was enough resets for me, this month, or many months really, if I can avoid it.

I see lots of "me too" stuff, or some anyway, and it's hard to tell, were they the ones purchased from B&H and similar, the "illegal" International models? ;-]

mixaogion

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I wonder if anyone has a confirmed 950XL DS, NAM CV, 059X505, that flashed OTA...
Still trying to hold out, my accidental flash to 16082 and reset was enough resets for me, this month, or many months really, if I can avoid it.

I see lots of "me too" stuff, or some anyway, and it's hard to tell, were they the ones purchased from B&H and similar, the "illegal" International models? ;-]

I have the same version. Checking update 10 times/day for the past couple of days haha. Don't know what I'll do with my life after OTA update, and AU =))

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I updated one of our two 950 XLs via WDRT. The device is working well, although even though I had backed the phone up before the update the restore only restored part of the configuration. After reconfiguring everything the phone is fast and the battery usage is good. Here is what is now running:
Phone Version.jpg

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same version. Checking update 10 times/day for the past couple of days haha. Don't know what I'll do with my life after OTA update, and AU =))

Good to hear I'm not the only one suffering the insanity of "check for update syndrome" ;-]

Yeah, PJL99, that's exactly why I don't want to do a WDRT, last time I think it took me several days to ferret out the last of the "missed" settings from my backup/restore.
I wish this would get fixed, for all kinds of reasons, the least of which having to do a reset wouldn't be so painful.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I did the same. Updated via WDRT and tried to restore via backup with only partial success. Had to redo my start screen and had close to 200 Apps that needed updating. I updated the software through to the latest Threshold version then was able to use the Windows Insider app to switch over to the 393 version of Redstone. The phone is working great ! Very fast. DTTW works great...didn't realize how much I missed it. Still having a BT issue with my Band 2 and the speaker on my phone still sounds terrible (was hoping both of these would be resolved with the new FW). Overall, very happy with the phone. Also re-enabled Windows Hello and it seems to be very quick to unlock the phone as well.

I updated one of our two 950 XLs via WDRT. The device is working well, although even though I had backed the phone up before the update the restore only restored part of the configuration. After reconfiguring everything the phone is fast and the battery usage is good. Here is what is now running:
View attachment 128762

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers