RM-1116 (Dual Sim) vs RM-1085 (Single Sim) - About to order one and confused, please help?

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I want to apologize in advance if this is a repeat question. I've spent the last 30 minutes looking at these forums as well as google for my answer but cannot get the full scope I need.

My questions are specific.

I've had 2 1116s that I've used on t-mobile and quite honestly it worked great, but I hated the always on (no 2nd sim installed) icon in the top left corner.

I am using T-mobile with an unlimited data plan and have no need for a dual sim phone here in the U.S.

I also understand that if I order the 1085 (international version) I will have no U.S. warranty on the phone. I am ok with that part since I am ordering from Amazon and will know within 30 days I have to return whether or not the phone has issues. I also read that the theoretical CAT-6 allows for higher download speeds on the single sim vs dual sim, even though no network here in the United States currently provides such speeds (does this matter with wi-fi)?

The rm-1085 versions are always cheaper across the board at every site...

My questions are as follows:

1. Why would I choose the 1116 (I'm ok without warranty) over the 1085?
2. Are there any major issues reported with one vs the other?
3. Will Microsoft update both phones at the same time or is there a significant difference in update schedules?
4. Any other things I am missing?

I will be purchasing the phone tonight or tomorrow but will wait for some comments from my fellow members here before I purchase this phone.

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to some answers from informed users.

:smile:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
There is a US variant firmware recently released for RM-1085, so it's possible we'll soon see a single-SIM 950XL sold in US with warranty, or at least you'll have the option of flashing your import to the US version.

You are pretty much spot-on with your assessment of the differences between 1116 and 1085.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
There is a US variant firmware recently released for RM-1085, so it's possible we'll soon see a single-SIM 950XL sold in US with warranty, or at least you'll have the option of flashing your import to the US version.

You are pretty much spot-on with your assessment of the differences between 1116 and 1085.

I'm still curious as to the update schedule of the two variants... is one significantly behind the other?

Also, if MSFT releases a US version of the 1085 in the future, chances are that if I take a defective "international" version of the phone to a MSFT store, their sales rep or manager will simply replace it (as from my experience, most reps are quite unknowledgeable about their own product 90% of the time).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster