How do I delete the preview build?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to Delete the preview build

hi all... im using a lumia 535 and i installed official microsoft windows update. then recently i registered for insider an installed a preview build. it is unstable and i need to go back to my old official windows 10 build. how can i do that..
(using windows device recovery tool brings my mobile back to 8.1 . i do not need to install windows 8.1) is there any way i can downgrade my windows 10 version without installing 8.1. thanks

air_jay

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to Delete the preview build

yes u neee to downgrade your lumia 535 to 8.1 using windows recovery tools then u will notice after update your phone from 8.1you will see the noification from your phone for ready update for windows 10 or you can check manually n setting phone update

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

for the old windows phones, windows device recovery tool takes you to 8.1 and then you have to climb back up

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Try this: Use the insider app and choose production release. It's the same as the oficial one.
That won't work because you can only go to higher numbered builds, and production is lower numbered than Insider slow or fast. The only way to go back to a lower numbered build is to use the recovery tool.

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Originally posted by PepperdotNet
Originally Posted by PlexusCV
Try this: Use the insider app and choose production release. It's the same as the oficial one.
That won't work because you can only go to higher numbered builds, and production is lower numbered than Insider slow or fast. The only way to go back to a lower numbered build is to use the recovery tool.

I changed mine from preview to production. Everything worked well. Maybe it worked because of same version?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans