Advanced User Wanted: risk taker with HD LTE as secondary device

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have a BLU Win HD LTE as a backup or even a 3rd or 4th spare phone? Is it running W10M? Insider or Official? What Build?

Advanced User? Risk Taker? Willing to reset via WDRT with no complaints?

If your BLU got bricked would you be able to shrug it off and take the loss in stride?

Obviously this is for pioneers and I wouldn't want the irreversible to happen, but someone entering into this experiment should be prepared for the worst case: A bricked phone that can't recover.

One brave and adventurous soul wanted. Post below.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Using the Blu WIN HD LTE as my primary device. Running W10M, insider-Fast Ring. Have done many resets via WDRT.

Out of curiosity, what pray tell are you wanting someone to do? Custom provisioning?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Using the Blu WIN HD LTE as my primary device. Running W10M, insider-Fast Ring. Have done many resets via WDRT.

Out of curiosity, what pray tell are you wanting someone to do? Custom provisioning?

I don't want to publicly promise something that might not pay off...

We are talking about registry manipulation which isn't reversible without reset so that is why I'm not willing to risk someone else's primary.

It revolves around advanced feature sets.

I am thinking that OS version might not matter, but a Threshold build would be preferable as that is a "template" I would draw from.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well the sad part is that I haven't been able to do ANY registry changes with the Blu WIN HD LTE with "Interop Tools". I have been trying and trying, because I believe there is a setting in the registry that is preventing the device from getting subsequent preview builds.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Im up for it. If you give me a WinHD LTE. I really really badly want one! :'( Waaannnn.... :'(

But on that note, I am sitting on three WPs. A 640, an ATIV SE, and a 521. One of these, is obviously not a Lumia, and I've been tinkering around with the registry too, trying to find those DNG capture settings really bad. No luck so far. So maybe more conversation on the subject RumoredNow?

-- W

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Well the sad part is that I haven't been able to do ANY registry changes with the Blu WIN HD LTE with "Interop Tools". I have been trying and trying, because I believe there is a setting in the registry that is preventing the device from getting subsequent preview builds.

Same here, tried few months ago, one tool could not read the registry, Interop Tools did read the registry, however could not write. I suppose the only solution currently is to dump the flash using serial, edit it offline and flash it back (been done on L520 at xda) in order to get registry write permissions.

Update:
Some other notes which might come in handy: BLU WDRT FFUs can be mounted using ffu ImgMount tool, tested and works great, inside the ffu there are about dozen of files somewhere inside windows folder which contain default image customizations (cannot recall the directory now), customizations include default values and listing of exact registry keys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720