Nokia Lumia 530. Shall I update my phone for Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was actually looking for an antivirus for my Lumia 530, did a G**gle search, and found this site. Your answers were excellent. I guess a Windows Phone doesn't need an antivirus.
The reason I was looking for that question was because I just changed my talk and text to talk text and web.

Now since I have web too, my phone will say "there's updates" shall I click yes for that? My phone is Windows 8, and I'm guessing the updates are to make it Windows 10. Can a Nokia Lumia 530 phone even run Windows 10? I don't want to bog it down.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I was actually looking for an antivirus for my Lumia 530, did a G**gle search, and found this site. Your answers were excellent. I guess a Windows Phone doesn't need an antivirus.
The reason I was looking for that question was because I just changed my talk and text to talk text and web.

Now since I have web too, my phone will say "there's updates" shall I click yes for that? My phone is Windows 8, and I'm guessing the updates are to make it Windows 10. Can a Nokia Lumia 530 phone even run Windows 10? I don't want to bog it down.

Windows mobile doesn't need antivirus due to its closed nature. Updates you see are the core apps your phone uses, like Edge, Messages, etc.

Your phone isn't eligible to Win10 due to 512 MB RAM limit. You can run it however , joining the Insider Preview Ring (I own a backup 520, Win10 official preview runs on it but is far slower then 8.1 due to hardware limit)

Stay on 8.1 and update all apps via Store -> Updates. It will not update your phone to 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte