Latest Firmware - No Double Tap to Wake

rapperman

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Received the latest firmware for my Lumia 950 (Dual Sim) today, but after all was said and done double tap to wake was a complete no show. The option isn't even available to enable it in Settings > Extras > Touch.

Is the "Double Tap" option only available on the Redstone versions of Windows 10? I'm a bit disappointed :(

Last edited:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Why disappointed? Redstone is 3 weeks away, and with that in mind, that means the Fast ring is actually a stable ring to be on if you want to jump up the rings.

It's a good time to do that and get a head start on the new features.

rapperman

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Xandros and Zulfigar for your replies.

I've resisted moving to the fast ring builds out of concern for their being essentially experimental (by Microsoft's standards). Stability is important to me. That being said, as Zulfigar points out, with the Redstone update being 3 weeks away the latest build is probably representative of the product due to be shipped at that time minus any polish they manage to add between now and then. I'll give it a go this weekend.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had a few obscure problems with my Lumia 950 and after my 5th factory reset it's finally working well and seems stable (e.g. I can finally rely on the camera for photos & video and I get consistent Band notifications) so I'm hesitant to jump on the Insider builds but double tap to wake is something I've really been missing after moving from a 920. I'm debating going insider preview today, before Microsoft locks it down ahead of the August 2nd release.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Received the latest firmware for my Lumia 950 (Dual Sim) today, but after all was said and done double tap to wake was a complete no show. The option isn't even available to enable it in Settings > Extras > Touch.

Is the "Double Tap" option only available on the Redstone versions of Windows 10? I'm a bit disappointed :(

No I am on production build and with latest firmware have double tap to wake...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm on production too. It works both on my 950 and my gf's 930 (also on production). I went into settings on both to make it work. I am still undecided on whether it's worth a little extra battery drain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)