Why is my Lumia 540 showing a bad smiley and not getting started?

pawan jain

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
why my lumia 540 is showing bad smiley and not getting started?

Hi after I bought my phone, I did not turn on Speech feature for first few months, then I wanted to give it a shot and downloaded the necessary upgrades and installed. It gives me a message that the phone need to be restarted and the phone automatically restarted but after that the phone wont start. At the start screeb after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down (frustrated!!) After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I cant even perform hard reset. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power & camera button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume down & camera button only. Tried several times. But in vain. Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: why my lumia 540 is showing bad smiley and not getting started?

Hi after I bought my phone, I did not turn on Speech feature for first few months, then I wanted to give it a shot and downloaded the necessary upgrades and installed. It gives me a message that the phone need to be restarted and the phone automatically restarted but after that the phone wont start. At the start screeb after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down (frustrated!!) After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I cant even perform hard reset. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power & camera button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume down & camera button only. Tried several times. But in vain. Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?

Your only way is Windows Device recovering tool

Tarun Rawat

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: why my lumia 540 is showing bad smiley and not getting started?

This happened because either the updates were not properly installed or u must have installed the updates when battery was low. This has happened to me too once. U can recover ur phone via windows device recovery tool or go to microsoft care centre they will reinstall the windows for u for free if its in warranty if not in warranty they wont take high charges

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6