Wallet App for Loyalty Cards

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use their 950XL to scan their loyalty cards at places like pharmacies, groceries, yoga sign in? :)

With the new Wallet 2.0 app, I can scan in a barcode really easily but the scanners at groceries can't seem to read them...

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Mobile-Pocket for this purpose. It works fine with the hand-held scanners at the convenience store, but you're right that it won't scan on the pass-over scanner at the grocery store. As the use of apps like this increase, perhaps the grocery folks will change their tech?

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The issue is most likely not with the app (unless it is misrepresenting the barcode type being displayed) but rather the scanners at your grocery store are probably not 2D type scanners.

mixaogion

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone use their 950XL to scan their loyalty cards at places like pharmacies, groceries, yoga sign in? :)

With the new Wallet 2.0 app, I can scan in a barcode really easily but the scanners at groceries can't seem to read them...

You really have to make sure the barcode on Wallet matches the real barcode on your card. It took me 3 attempt to replicate my Staples Reward card.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The issue is most likely not with the app (unless it is misrepresenting the barcode type being displayed) but rather the scanners at your grocery store are probably not 2D type scanners.

It's the same type of barcode on the products and even on the loyalty card, it looks the same.

You really have to make sure the barcode on Wallet matches the real barcode on your card. It took me 3 attempt to replicate my Staples Reward card.

What do you mean by this? you just scan it and it gets all the numbers properly no? It looks pretty similar.

mixaogion

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It's the same type of barcode on the products and even on the loyalty card, it looks the same.

What do you mean by this? you just scan it and it gets all the numbers properly no? It looks pretty similar.

Not all the time, especially when the original bar code is kind of faded away. But yeah, like the other guy said, not all stores has scanner/reader that can read bar codes off of phone's screen.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing that some cards won't generate barcodes. Of 9 cards I have added so far, only 3 have barcodes. 2 of the supported and one custom.

While submitting feedback about this, I learned that loyalty cards don't get saved in backup so don't throw them away after putting them in your phone!

Last edited:

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

I haven't tried a grocery store yet, but Barnes & Noble works great. They said they had never seen that before and that it was pretty cool.... so apparently I am the only one at my Barnes & Noble to use it.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Can't edit loyalty cards (to change the colour, etc.), no cloud backup, and sometimes it grabs only partly the barcode/card number. I've stopped plyaing with the app as it's not reliable at this stage.

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have not converted from the free app "Barcode Wallet" to the new Wallet 2.0 for loyalty cards yet. Barcode Wallet does securely store the data as it is integrated into the MS Wallet and also lets you backup to Onedrive - no separate vendor account required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99