Cortana does not work - no location based reminders, no live tile

montastic

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I got a 950 (AT&T) recently and when I first got it, Cortana live tile worked nicely with animations, weather etc. as well as location based reminders.
But all of a sudden, it stopped working.

I have performed several soft-resets.
I have also turned off Cortana - performed soft reset - turned on Cortana.
Finally, performed a hard reset and restored backup.

I have checked and the location is turned on. Also, I see the reminders in the "Reminders" list as well as on Cortana "cards" where it says that you have a reminder coming up. But the location based reminder never triggers.

I noticed that some of the other stuff on the Start Screen was also different - the contact tile had blank circles (which came back with pictures recently, so fixed itself), the tiles that used to flip doesn't flip anymore.

Any ideas of what else I can try to fix the issue, especially with Cortana reminders?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
since you are using a backup, it could take hours before everything is done....

if you have time to kill, you could try doing a hard reset, but use a secondary account (so you can't restore) to see if cortana behaves. if she does, then a setting your backup has is killing her....

also, any pending updates?? if so, do the hard reset, let it update (don't enter your ms credentials) and when that's done, hard reset and do a restore.... this is the method I used to go from my 920 to an 830 and to my now current 950.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo