Hot spot not working after windows 10

ChalupaBatman

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

My hot spot has stopped working after using the upgrade advisor to upgrade to windows 10.

I get the following error when trying it on from settings

Connection not shared
Mobile hotspot isn't currently available.

speedfrk305

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

My hot spot has stopped working after using the upgrade advisor to upgrade to windows 10.

I get the following error when trying it on from settings

Connection not shared
Mobile hotspot isn't currently available.

Mine did the exact same thing... then it just started working again. During that time, the phone was quite warm- like it was downloading or updating but I didn't tell it to check for updates...

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine did the exact same thing... then it just started working again. During that time, the phone was quite warm- like it was downloading or updating but I didn't tell it to check for updates...
Ditto here. However quite a few builds ago.
Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [W10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14390.0]

ChalupaBatman

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Still doesn't work for me.

Says Connection not shared. Mobile Hotspot isn't currently available.

This was the biggest downside of going to windows 10 so far.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My 930's Mobile Hotspot works when I connect to it from my Surface but not from my Kindle and not from my gf's new Android phone. So maybe it's partial to Windows devices?

ChalupaBatman

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Still not working for me. On the phone it says " We can't set up mobile hotspot." Did Verizon disable this with the windows 10 release?

This was one of the best features of the phone.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Using slow ring 14393.321 on Lumia Icon and it works just fine. In fact I just used it today for some testing with the Surface Pro. Speedtest showed a somewhat less than thrilling 8-10 down and 2 up but it worked ok enough for the task at hand. But yes slow ring and it works just fine.

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by ChalupaBatman
Still not working for me. On the phone it says " We can't set up mobile hotspot." Did Verizon disable this with the windows 10 release?

This was one of the best features of the phone.

I do not believe I had an upgrade occur but when I left in the morning I could hotspot, mid morning when at work I went to enable it and nogo. It's been a nogo ever since. I am fairly certain that this is not WM10/WP10 related. Hopefully like someone said above it will resolve itself but if not I am sure I will hard reset (I give my myself 48 hours patience) and see if that resolves it. The various soft resets had no results.

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
*Update*

I can't figure out how to edit the previous response but that is neither here nor there. Wifi 📶 doesn't work either. Something tells me there is some sort of glitch with the wifi radio which is preventing hotspot to enable. Almost like wifi is in a limbo state. Hard reset here I come...

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by MarineDawg
*Update*

I can't figure out how to edit the previous response but that is neither here nor there. Wifi 📶 doesn't work either. Something tells me there is some sort of glitch with the wifi radio which is preventing hotspot to enable. Almost like wifi is in a limbo state. Hard reset here I come...

Hard reset worked for those in the same boat