Maps no voice navigation

Cobthaich

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, hoping someone can give me some direction. I have been having issues with the Microsoft Maps app. Since the newest Maps update a few weeks ago with the new UI I have not been able to use Voice Navigation. I have tried everything, Bluetooth, Aux, phone speaker, installed all the voice languages, updated to the newest OS, re flashed my phone to factory settings and re installed everything and still I cannot use or get voice navigation working. Has anyone else had this issue?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi, hoping someone can give me some direction. I have been having issues with the Microsoft Maps app. Since the newest Maps update a few weeks ago with the new UI I have not been able to use Voice Navigation. I have tried everything, Bluetooth, Aux, phone speaker, installed all the voice languages, updated to the newest OS, re flashed my phone to factory settings and re installed everything and still I cannot use or get voice navigation working. Has anyone else had this issue?

Do you have Cortana "ON"?

zdenekvanik

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have same issue, kind of annoying. I don't see a reason to have Cortana enabled or some speech packs installed - my native language is not even available there. Old Here drive navigation had a separate speech pack that was downloaded when I first started the app.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
strange because that also happened to me awhile back and then one day it just started working again by itself...

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
turn your volume up. Just kidding. I hope you can figure it out. I am having location issues with my device and am about to do a hard reset. Maybe you should try that too?

Cobthaich

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Haha, tried the volume too. Have done a hard reset and Bluetooth has been off and on. Have read other posts and nothing, very frustrating issue.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Haha, tried the volume too. Have done a hard reset and Bluetooth has been off and on. Have read other posts and nothing, very frustrating issue.

Sorry to hear that all attempts have been negative, so far. Make sure to report it to the Feedback Hub (if you haven't already), and hopefully the next build or two will correct your issue. I know I had to wait 3/4 builds to get Call/Voice Recorder:(

Question: Have you tried listen to Maps voice directions, OVER BLUETOOTH? do you hear anything then? Or, still nothing?

Cobthaich

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey Mft1380, thanks for the reply. I haven't left it in the feedback hub, I will now, made a technical request through microsoft so hopefully hear back shortly. Tried the voice directions over bluetooth as well and unfortunately negative. I think I have exhausted all avenues unfortunately. Weird issue. I will let you know what microsoft says. Cheers.

Cobthaich

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So have an update, actually tried that as well Kristin but did not solve it unfortunately. I did however install too other map apps, Mapfactor and GPS Voice Navigation. Did not like the apps but they worked with turn by turn voice navigation. After using them for a small trip I tried Microsoft Maps once more and voila, the voice turn by turn was back. Have no idea what happened or why this rectified it but if anyone else has similar issues try installing another voice GPS like map factor and then try Microsoft maps, strangest thing. Thanks everyone for trying to help me with this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte