950xl durabilitly

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys has anyone experienced any falls/drops/spills with this device outside of a case? Why I am asking is I have been using cases since I got the device as my carrier's insurance doesn't support it, but really don't like cases too much. My 640xl I never had a case and it was rock solid and still have it is the 950xl as durable? Thanks for the input I have a tempered glass on the device as well.

mixaogion

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys has anyone experienced any falls/drops/spills with this device outside of a case? Why I am asking is I have been using cases since I got the device as my carrier's insurance doesn't support it, but really don't like cases too much. My 640xl I never had a case and it was rock solid and still have it is the 950xl as durable? Thanks for the input I have a tempered glass on the device as well.
I had a 920, which I dropped no less than 3 times from different heights, only managed to crack a tiny bit of the front glass at a corner. I thought the 950xl was built the same, and did not put it in a case. Big mistake. Dropped mine from the stroller's cup holding, it hit the ground at the lower corner edge, and is in shatteredville. Cost to replace is around $200 -_-

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
did you have tempered glass (mind my 640xl doesn't have it)? And thanks for the insight I am wanting to go Mozo and using Mozo and a case is crazy to me.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I am using lumia 950 ds since Dec and using mozo case on it...I have dropped the phone many times..mozo cover has few cracks but phone is as good as new..
I am using a tempered glass...
I must say lumia 950 series is very durable...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mixaogion

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
did you have tempered glass (mind my 640xl doesn't have it)? And thanks for the insight I am wanting to go Mozo and using Mozo and a case is crazy to me.

I have the mozo cover, and loving it, but seriously thinking about putting a case on. I have the tempered Nilkin 9H+ on when the phone was dropped, probably that's why I can still use the phone despite the cracked screen. If your phone it the pavement on its edge, there's a good chance the screen will crack.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I dropped mine pretty hard on an asphalt hill and it bounced down it for a while. It had a tiny crack on the corner of the front glass (but not on the screen), and a few gouges taken out of the back plastic. Didn't have any case or screen protector on it at the time.

Still works fine.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a 920, which I dropped no less than 3 times from different heights, only managed to crack a tiny bit of the front glass at a corner. I thought the 950xl was built the same, and did not put it in a case. Big mistake. Dropped mine from the stroller's cup holding, it hit the ground at the lower corner edge, and is in shatteredville. Cost to replace is around $200 -_-

Well, that could be because of the angle at which the phone must have hit the ground. I had dropped my 640XL a number of times too and it was just fine. I sure as hell hope I don't drop the 950XL though!!!!

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Lol thanks all! Rocking no case right now and my thumb coverage is alot better. I purchased my wife a phone ring at Sam's and it has lowered her drops tremendously, I am thinking of putting one on my phone without the case (just in case). Lol after looking at Amazon we got ripped we paid $19.99 for 2 and on amazon they are like $3. But it does server a purpose.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I cant get a tempered screen to stick in the corners of my 950xl. They always lift from the top right. I've tried many.

As for dropping, I've dropped mine once and the Mozo took the brunt of it. I have an Orzly case from Amazon which is quite ermm.....clever. The rear is transparent with a 3mm ridge around the camera, protecting the lens. The sides are black and instead of having buttons included in the moulding, there are cut outs for camera and Vol buttons etc. Access to ports is also unobstructed. Thankfully, I've not had to test its drop-ability

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I know things happen. But seriously don't use it with one hand. Stop, move to the side and use it if you are in public. Or get a bluetooth ear piece and use cortana. It's worth a lot of money so take care of it. Be mindful of where you place it. Pick pockets that it won't fall out of. If it is in a pocket where it could fall out, don't make movements that will allow it to. For example if I have it in my front shirt pocket I won't bend over to pick something up, I'l keep my body straight and bend my knees like you should anyways. If I place my phone somewhere I make sure there's no way it can fall or anything nearby can fall. Just simple things.

I did get the 2 year complete warranty so at least I have piece of mind that I can pay 25 bucks and get a brand new one if I do break it. Although I purchased it before they raised the price, it's 50 bucks now I believe.

Any phone can get destroyed if it falls just right.

urbantek

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I never use cases for my phones, only screen protectors. I?ve dropped phones many times in past years and only twice broke the screen on my droid turbo. Note 3 always seemed to land flat on the screen but no problems. Last week I dropped my 950xl when taking photos of an equipment, inside of a metal enclosure. The phone fell from about only 6", on its right bottom corner/edge and landed flat on its screen. I am using Mozzo leather back cover. The side, black plastic bezel got scratched, few dings on the mozzo?s side bezel as well. The screen protector got scratched but 950 xl's screen seem to be intact, no damage at all. I am coming from Passport SE which I have dropped many times and barley scratched it. of course it materials used to make PSE are different from 950XL, not a fair comparison but still, it is nice to know your phone can take accidental drops well. I really miss its "heaviness" and durability.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4P_dzu7LFJVQWJxU1ZDY245aFU

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I cant get a tempered screen to stick in the corners of my 950xl. They always lift from the top right. I've tried many.

The Nillkin will work, or I've got the "one off" sample, me and a bunch of others. You do have to order it from overseas, or had to anyway, if you're in the US, but mine showed up fast, few days, direct from China.
Mine is several months now, dead-flat still, and my camera lens protector is still perfect too.
I had 2-3 I tried before this one, all lifted, so I know my screen isn't perfect; the Nillkin just seems to conform.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm the opposite of Urbantek, I've managed to beat up phones, with a case on them, so I tend to get a decent TPU case, one that has full-wrap.

I ride a lot of road miles though, my phone gets juggled around a lot in jersey pockets, and then spends a fair amount of time crammed into a pocket skiing in the winter, so my "environment" is maybe a bit tough on them too ;-]

Albert Metelsky

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Mad Cabbie

As for dropping, I've dropped mine once and the Mozo took the brunt of it. I have an Orzly case from Amazon which is quite ermm.....clever. The rear is transparent with a 3mm ridge around the camera, protecting the lens. The sides are black and instead of having buttons included in the moulding, there are cut outs for camera and Vol buttons etc. Access to ports is also unobstructed. Thankfully, I've not had to test its drop-ability

I have the same case and love it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss