Why is my B2B 20 x 2 pins from the sister board to motherboard connector not working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

A year & 3months later after I bought my Nokia Lumia 1520, my clean and very well protected mobile failed to communicate properly on the B2B 20 x 2 pins from the sister board to motherboard connector that ended up with no function. i:e. the capacitive lights, mic and speaker phone gradually stopped. Having changed the connector lasted only 10 consecutive days and started with the same symptom and finally stopped again. Having read so many forums regarding the same problems I have from so many Nokia fans like me, I seriously felt very sorry when this happened from Nokia and Microsoft as well. I previously had a Nokia 500 which still works perfectly fine for more than 5 years. May I know what causes this and how to recover and use my admirable mobile back again? Thank you all.

Remzi.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A year & 3months later after I bought my Nokia Lumia 1520, my clean and very well protected mobile failed to communicate properly on the B2B 20 x 2 pins from the sister board to motherboard connector that ended up with no function. i:e. the capacitive lights, mic and speaker phone gradually stopped. Having changed the connector lasted only 10 consecutive days and started with the same symptom and finally stopped again. Having read so many forums regarding the same problems I have from so many Nokia fans like me, I seriously felt very sorry when this happened from Nokia and Microsoft as well. I previously had a Nokia 500 which still works perfectly fine for more than 5 years. May I know what causes this and how to recover and use my admirable mobile back again? Thank you all.

Remzi.

Part of the issue may be parts supply. I.E.: parts online might have been salvaged from otherwise non working 1520s and so they are suspect from the start... Just a theory.

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I've found that the USB board, with its ribbon connector, is notoriously unreliable. I think there must be a design or manufacturing fault, because loads of phones seem to get this problem sooner or later. To be specific, I think it's the ribbon cable rather than the circuit board itself. I've bought several, and most of them have been faulty upon arrival. I strongly suspect there are a load of faulty ones going round and round in the market place.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
hate to say it, but I had one that I replaced the board, sold it, and had it returned to me for the same reasons about 15 days later. I thought the phone was bad, but I happened to have another with a shattered screen on hand, so I swapped the daughter boards in them just to see.

turns out the cheap replacement part was, well, a cheap replacement part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos