Lumia 930 Back Up, what is the best way to do this?

The Teacher

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 930 Back Up

Good evening all,

Possibly been asked before but I don't have time to search!!!!

I have just upgraded to the 950XL and want to transfer my apps, messages etc., to it from my 930.

I do the back up bit, but when it gets to about 98% I get a message saying that it cannot access One Drive and to update my phone. I have done the update, message stating that it is the latest version etc., yet it still will not access One Drive. I don't want to mess about searching the Store for all my apps and I don't want to lose any text messages on the 930. Is there any other way, or a solution, to this problem?

Thanks in advance

The Teacher

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 930 Back Up

Good evening all,

Possibly been asked before but I don't have time to search!!!!

I have just upgraded to the 950XL and want to transfer my apps, messages etc., to it from my 930.

I do the back up bit, but when it gets to about 98% I get a message saying that it cannot access One Drive and to update my phone. I have done the update, message stating that it is the latest version etc., yet it still will not access One Drive. I don't want to mess about searching the Store for all my apps and I don't want to lose any text messages on the 930. Is there any other way, or a solution, to this problem?

Thanks in advance

The Teacher

on your new phone, when you sign in to the same email account as your 930, your messages should start syncing - if not, then head into settings > backup >check that message syncing is set to anytime
You can also copy over all your data using a pc if the onedrive option is too much of a headache
For the apps, on your new phone, go to store, my downloads and select the ones you want to install

The Teacher

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that.

The store doesn't show anything, as though there as been no downloads, and messenger is set to sync from all time, but still not transferred them!

I have the same SIM card as my old phone and user name etc., is the same. However, when I go into Xbox it gives me a different user name to the one I had on my 930.

The Teacher

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that.

The store doesn't show anything, as though there as been no downloads, and messenger is set to sync from all time, but still not transferred them!

I have the same SIM card as my old phone and user name etc., is the same. However, when I go into Xbox it gives me a different user name to the one I had on my 930.

The Teacher

you signed into the same email account? For both devices? And in store, when you go to my downloads, there's no history?

The Teacher

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Sorted the apps and games out, but cannot sync my text messages onto my 950XL, both devices have sync settings turned on, but there is nothing in One Drive and cannot find anything else anywhere else.

The Teacher

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorted the apps and games out, but cannot sync my text messages onto my 950XL, both devices have sync settings turned on, but there is nothing in One Drive and cannot find anything else anywhere else.

The Teacher

in backup for messages - Try changing to one year, it might trigger the messages to download

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss