An external mic?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Posting this here because it has to do with this phone specifically, although it likely applies to others. My wife is a journalist that uses the recorder frequently. However, on occasion it would be better to have a mic to use to help with directional recording. Is there a mic anyone has used, and is it specific to phones?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Posting this here because it has to do with this phone specifically, although it likely applies to others. My wife is a journalist that uses the recorder frequently. However, on occasion it would be better to have a mic to use to help with directional recording. Is there a mic anyone has used, and is it specific to phones?

there was a thread on this a few weeks back: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950/411411-external-mic-lumia-950-not-working.html

this seems promising: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-accessories/408908-external-unidirectional-microphone-lumia-950-a.html

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Shure SM85, have used it with PC with an XLR-USB adapter, i've been dying to test it with the phone but I haven't been able to get my hands on a USB-C OTG cable yet... When I do I'll report back.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

To record herself talking or someone else??

It has been a while, so I'll have to dig up my equipment, but if she's recording herself, headphones with an inline mic "should" work with voice recorder (again, it's been a while, i don't remember if i did it with the 950 or my old 830)
if it's to record someone else.... again in the "should work" category, using a headphone/mic splitter may work (again, i did it with either my 830 or 950)

I just got back from SDCC, so it may take a few days for me to have time to dig up everything to test with....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea