Photo Location Missing Again

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
After last patch to Photos app on 950XL locations GPS maps are missing again from photos. This stupid phone totally ruined ms vacation family photos that I can never recover again.:angry::grincry::angry::angry:

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if any of this will help you but...

1. Missing GPS metadata is not exactly "totally ruined photos"
2. You can easily add GPS coordinates using variety of software tools out there. I use Lightroom but GeoSetter seems like a good free sw.
3. There's an open bug for missing GPS metadata for DNG files. In my experience with 950, JPGs are fine but your mileage may vary with the XL.
4. If GPS metadata are missing in your JPGs despite proper settings on your phone, that would be a bug in the Camera app, not Photos.
5. Photos app sometimes fails to display GPS map under "Info" screen even when GPS metadata is present. In that case, your JPG files are fine.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
What TK2011 said, missing GPS metadata shouldn't be the end of things, unless you're saying your photos are all gone, again?

Did you ever replace your SD card, say with a Lexar, or something solid?

While my phone consistently creates formatting errors on my card (which I've checked a couple of times, no errors outside of phone with surface tests), it doesn't lose photos. It's VERY slow to read them from the phone via USB though, crazy slow, like others have mentioned...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234