My 950XL saved photos very slow

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I took few photos and setting saved to SD card (Extreme Pro 32GB and Ultra 200GB)
Take long time to saved into SD card, even i change the setting saved to phone also same

Everytime i took a photo then go check it, sure show me ADDING THE FINISHING TOUCHES .....

My camera setting is 19MP / HDR auto / Flash Auto
Both SD card just bought new

Any master know what is the problems ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I took few photos and setting saved to SD card (Extreme Pro 32GB and Ultra 200GB)
Take long time to saved into SD card, even i change the setting saved to phone also same

Everytime i took a photo then go check it, sure show me ADDING THE FINISHING TOUCHES .....

My camera setting is 19MP / HDR auto / Flash Auto
Both SD card just bought new

Any master know what is the problems ?

try with hdr off, and see if there is a difference
Also check for app updates for photos and camera app
And check for OS updates

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
every photos. Once i took a photo, then click the photo icon on top right corner then will show me the photo but when i want to edit and it show me adding touches ....... WTH. Around 1-3 mins

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem a while back but I think it was fixed with one of the redstone builds. So, should be fixed when anniversary comes out, or just join the fast insider ring and get it now.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1-3 mins is crazy abnormal. That long with internal saving? Mine usually takes about 5-10 seconds.

I believe there's always some amount of built-in HDR/Rich processing going on even if you turn off HDR explicitly.

It's MS's special sauce that makes people rave about 950/XL camera, so you basically have to deal with it, I think. You can still take multiple shots quickly in succession so processing delay is not an issue unless you are trying to look at your result right away zoomed in. Still, 1-3 mins is way excessive and should be fixed.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Official latest firmware aldy

Okay, so if this issue started recently while in the past it was okay, it can be solved by the anniversary update
If this problem has always been there since you got the device, then you can try the anniversary update that comes out next week or do a factory reset

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so if this issue started recently while in the past it was okay, it can be solved by the anniversary update
If this problem has always been there since you got the device, then you can try the anniversary update that comes out next week or do a factory reset

Bro, hope you understanding what i mean, i found this weird issue on my 950XL

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
1 ) found this issue, i took a photo, then i click the icon on top right size to check the photo.
after open the photo and want to edit, it show me Adding some finishing touches ........ wait long time

2) Same i just retake a photo, then back to the start menu, direct click the PHOTO tile and go into the photo
Weird, it can direct edit and didn't show Adding some finishing touches .......

I think this is a small bug on 950XL

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly that is insanely abnormal. Adding finishing touches takes a second on mine. Just tried 10 photos in a row and the longest was 3 seconds.

I'm on the latest Redstone release, all software up to date and latest firmware.

The firmware you got was it through WDRT or over the air? You didn't do any hacks to get another regions firmware did you?

Have you tried a software reset? Holding volume down and power button at the same time till it vibrates.
Have you tried a hardware reset? System>about>reset. This will go to factory install and you lose everything.

If you're willing to try go to windows insiders and try redstone. It's pretty much at a very stable point right now.(i've had some weird issues where playing music on headphones and doing something else triggered a reboot, but hard to reproduce). You'll also be privy to a newer photos app with panaroma view and many enhancements for speed and image quality.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
So I saw this yesterday, but I noticed it only happens if the phone is locked, when you take the pic, via the hard-camera-button.

I took another pic, right after, unlocked, and it was fast, like Krystianpants said, maybe a couple of seconds, max.

Then I locked it again, and tested, and sure enough, it took a really, really long time (I'd guess 20+ seconds) to "add the finishing touches".

I haven't reported it yet, I'm not sure I can get all that into the feedback character limit...

Oh yeah, I'm on the new firmware, 14393.0 build, Slow Ring.

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So I saw this yesterday, but I noticed it only happens if the phone is locked, when you take the pic, via the hard-camera-button.

I took another pic, right after, unlocked, and it was fast, like Krystianpants said, maybe a couple of seconds, max.

Then I locked it again, and tested, and sure enough, it took a really, really long time (I'd guess 20+ seconds) to "add the finishing touches".

I haven't reported it yet, I'm not sure I can get all that into the feedback character limit...

Oh yeah, I'm on the new firmware, 14393.0 build, Slow Ring.

When you took a photo, don't click the photo icon on top right side
After took then go to start screen click the PHOTO tile
find the photo and click it
It won't show ADDING FINISHING TOUCHES

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)