updated firmware and fast rig, now where's panorama?

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
You should wait, Camera will update by itself in a few hours, it happened to many
Isn't it necessary to be using insider updates to get this? I don't think the Camera app has been updated except for insiders. I'm on the latest non-Insider build (firmware and software) and the Camera app does not include the new feature and shows current in the Store update.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Isn't it necessary to be using insider updates to get this? I don't think the Camera app has been updated except for insiders. I'm on the latest non-Insider build (firmware and software) and the Camera app does not include the new feature and shows current in the Store update.

It was released to insiders in order to let us testing it and giving feedabcks.
Insiders got different builds of some core apps

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I went to slow ring, updated to the anniversary build (two days ago) and updated all my apps too, including Camera, while on the Slow Ring.

I went back to Release Preview after (since I don't want to get RS2 builds after 8/2), but my camera app still doesn't show this, is it Fast Ring only?

I guess that means we should get it on 8/2-ish, if they merge the branches (I used to do dev, with multiple branches, and this is NOT going to be a small feat, we had many, many arguments over based and baseless merges, it's insanely complex), or simply move the Fast Ring into the released branch, I'm not sure how that will transition...

-pete

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by PGrey
So, I went to slow ring, updated to the anniversary build (two days ago) and updated all my apps too, including Camera, while on the Slow Ring.

I went back to Release Preview after (since I don't want to get RS2 builds after 8/2), but my camera app still doesn't show this, is it Fast Ring only?

I guess that means we should get it on 8/2-ish, if they merge the branches (I used to do dev, with multiple branches, and this is NOT going to be a small feat, we had many, many arguments over based and baseless merges, it's insanely complex), or simply move the Fast Ring into the released branch, I'm not sure how that will transition...

-pete

Hey Pete, maybe you could post your final paragraph where the doom mongers and trollers could see it. Many have *no idea* of how building an OS or program works. I guess its even more complex when you now have this 'universal' ecosystem trying to be all things to all men. It took a brave developer to take that one on!

Anyways, loved the post!

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

-pete
The slow ring isn't current. There have already been incremental updates since the build you are on. There was .3 and .5. You might need to be on the fast ring to get it. Also, I have heard that you may have to wait 24-48 hours before you will get the insider version of the apps.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey Pete, maybe you could post your final paragraph where the doom mongers and trollers could see it. Many have *no idea* of how building an OS or program works. I guess its even more complex when you now have this 'universal' ecosystem trying to be all things to all men. It took a brave developer to take that one on!

Anyways, loved the post!

Sure, thanks for the vote of confidence, glad you liked it!

I'm not sure how I'd frame the paragraph about the branch merges (there are really probably 30-40 branches, if you look at all the device teams and all, from my experience), which all roll up.
If people aren't familiar with development branching and merges, based and baseless though, I'm not sure my post would be well understood/received?
Give me some idea, on how you think I should frame the message, and I'll craft something. I think it just might get dismissed otherwise, as a "crazy rant", by the mongers and trollers ;-]

Yep, I'm betting the UWP likely adds a "x2" factor to some of the same issues with branching and merging. I'm sure they fix things in a "mobile branch, say mobile_fast_ring" which then must re-merge into the main branch, and have a pragma or similar directive in the code or build model.

It's a hairball, for sure! ;-]

-pete

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The slow ring isn't current. There have already been incremental updates since the build you are on. There was .3 and .5. You might need to be on the fast ring to get it. Also, I have heard that you may have to wait 24-48 hours before you will get the insider version of the apps.

I'm on .5 now, and back to Release Preview. If the RP distribution model is correct, I should now get the app updates, say within the 24-48, we'll see.

I'm not even in a hurry for the panorama mode myself, I was just reporting on my installed build experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786