One second delay in showing sharp pictures - just me?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I'm showing off the awesome pictures that my 950XL takes, it's annoying that the pictures look slightly blurry for about a second, before showing fully sharp. Does everyone see this? Is this an option that can be turned off?

This is on the latest Threshold build, on the built in photos app, with my photos saved to the main phone storage, and saving as 16MP jpeg.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When I'm showing off the awesome pictures that my 950XL takes, it's annoying that the pictures look slightly blurry for about a second, before showing fully sharp. Does everyone see this? Is this an option that can be turned off?

This is on the latest Threshold build, on the built in photos app, with my photos saved to the main phone storage, and saving as 16MP jpeg.

that's present on most phones - it just takes a while for the phone to process the high res pics - perhaps show the 5MP image?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately I noticed this at one point on the recent redstone builds on my 950XL... It's not all the time though funny enough. It's like it's figuring out stuff (living images or something) my photos goto SD... sucks to hear you get that on main memory.

Now someone go tell me Microsoft pix on ios takes 5 seconds before showing clear pictures so I can hopefully feel a little bit better lol.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
that's present on most phones - it just takes a while for the phone to process the high res pics - perhaps show the 5MP image?
Thanks, that's too bad. I've seen this behavior forever, but I hoped it was some kind of setting I could turn off. I have the camera set to only save the 16MP picture so there's no 5MP version to show. I hope MS figures out a way to get rid of this delay, because I love showing people the picture quality.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that's too bad. I've seen this behavior forever, but I hoped it was some kind of setting I could turn off. I have the camera set to only save the 16MP picture so there's no 5MP version to show. I hope MS figures out a way to get rid of this delay, because I love showing people the picture quality.

the 5 (or is it 8)Mp version is still good -try taking a few shots in that combination of low + high res and see if the loading still takes a second or two

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

Same for me, but then again I see this happen on the LG G4 so I'm pretty sure it's just loading the rest of the image. I see you mentioned they are saved in main storage so not really a read speed issue, but I have seen the problem be even worse when it is being saved to SD and they have a class 4 or 6 card.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
This has been a problem since the beginning of W10M. I've noticed that shots taken with HDR having fired don't suffer from this problem. So I'm stuck with letting the phone use HDR (which on auto, is all the time literally) and waiting 10 seconds for the photo to process... or use without HDR and having to wait for the damn image to 'load' in a sense each time I scroll through it.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I experience this, also zooming seems broken as well, it gets stuck quite frequently...very annoying so far.

This happens CONSTANTLY on my 950. Most of the time it won't pinch-to-zoom unless I patiently wait at least two seconds for it to figure out what the heck it's doing. Even then it oftentimes gets stuck when I zoom in, not allowing me to move the image around (only swiping to the upcoming or previous pictures), which is INCREDIBLY frustrating. How is it possible that they effed-up the photos app?! Isn't that one of the most basic functions of a smartphone? I'm just sooooo disappointed in this device...

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
This happens CONSTANTLY on my 950. Most of the time it won't pinch-to-zoom unless I patiently wait at least two seconds for it to figure out what the heck it's doing. Even then it oftentimes gets stuck when I zoom in, not allowing me to move the image around (only swiping to the upcoming or previous pictures), which is INCREDIBLY frustrating. How is it possible that they effed-up the photos app?! Isn't that one of the most basic functions of a smartphone? I'm just sooooo disappointed in this device...

Same behavior here on Lumia 730!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)