iMessage Doesn't Always Work With WM! ... or iPhones Either

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
In just the last couple days, I've noticed that I wasn't always receiving texts from iPhone group texts. I'm like the only one not on iPhone... anymore. I've already disassociated my number from iMessage, yet some texts doesn't come through especially if it contained video. What gives? Additionally, I noticed that a text didn't appear on my wife's phone who was part of the group text, but finally appear after rebooting.

Have any of you experienced this recently? I thought it was something with WM10, but I learned that Apple has recently changed iMessage software to Stellar Software and I guess there are issues.

mister greed

Banned
Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I have both windows phones and iPhones and I can say that sometimes iMessage can fail. It happens time to time to me . Could your friends remove you and the add you back to the chat.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have both windows phones and iPhones and I can say that sometimes iMessage can fail. It happens time to time to me . Could your friends remove you and the add you back to the chat.

It was a new group thread, so it wasn't like I started it on the iPhone and continue later with the Lumia. What's interesting though is that I noticed the message thread on my wife's phone are green, indicating that they are just regular text messages instead of blue.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bumping.

Just missed another text today. I believe this is an Apple issue, but I might think about going back just because of it since it impacts my business.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Bumping.

Just missed another text today. I believe this is an Apple issue, but I might think about going back just because of it since it impacts my business.
Its interesting that you would go back to the company that is causing the problem you are experienceing.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Its interesting that you would go back to the company that is causing the problem you are experienceing.

That is their goal! I have multiple friends and family who use iPhones because they feel like they have no choice.

I was just talking to my friend about this the other day. I think it's a reasonable to suspect that companies intentionally make it difficult for you to do what you want so that you would end up changing platforms. For instance, my kid's dance team's teachers all need to coordinate and only one of them is on Android. Even she doesn't get the text 100% of the time and they do give her the business about it. Not ragging on her, but eventually she would cave and get an iPhone I suspect.

I don't want to go back to iPhone. I'm still on the 950XL and it does almost everything I need it to do, but the problem with the texting is pretty major. It has an impact on my business, so it's tempting. I'm also using Cricket Wireless, so I did wonder if it might be a carrier issue, but probably not - I can't receive group texts from two different friends consistently, yet I get it on others. Very strange.

I would like to get to the bottom of this. Would love to find that the conspiracy is true and Apple gets in trouble for it. I'd have to sell their stock before that though - haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923