How long will Microsoft support Lumia 930?

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
As one of the most powerful phones, coming right after Lumia 950 & XL (developed by Microsoft), how long will they support it with updates, considering that it's 2 years old device?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unclear. It might be fine because of the new update model for some time but there's no telling whether MS will throw the model under the bus or not. History isn't making me very confident.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
As one of the most powerful phones, coming right after Lumia 950 & XL (developed by Microsoft), how long will they support it with updates, considering that it's 2 years old device?

they got it onto windows 10 mobile - I think it will still continue to receive OS updates for a year at least. Anything after that will depend on what kind of features they are trying to provide versus what the hardware can do

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I would reckon Lumia 930 support until at least 6 months after the Surface phones appear. Should be about the right time for Lumia 930 owners to start thinking about upgrading there devices.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
they got it onto windows 10 mobile - I think it will still continue to receive OS updates for a year at least. Anything after that will depend on what kind of features they are trying to provide versus what the hardware can do

What does it mean for newer and lot weaker phones, like 550 and 650? I guess their support will not last as long as it was for 930. That makes them a total miss..

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
What does it mean for newer and lot weaker phones, like 550 and 650? I guess their support will not last as long as it was for 930. That makes them a total miss..

I think support will stay for at least 2 years for them, even if the specs seem low. Remember the RAM needs to be minimum 1GB. The other consideration was the kind of processor.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's also unclear. Some phones were cut off because of lack of horsepower, (like lack of storage) but many were cut off because of age.

(more like it would save money and they can say it's age.)

The Lumia 920's Snapdragon S4 is rather similar in performance to the newer devices lower-market Snapdragon 400. (e.g. 830, 640) And a dual-core SD 200 phone got 10 officially so performance wasn't the only metric... age must factor in, but I don't think we can easily predict it.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I may be mistaken here, but I am not sure if Lumia 930 is fully supported even now. Please correct me if I am wrong, but we still don't have support for surround sound capture in video for the 930, right? May be a small thing for most people, but the point I am trying to make is that they are already not prioritizing developer effort for the 930, and it's already been a year of Windows 10.

I guess time will tell.

jadonx

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I may be mistaken here, but I am not sure if Lumia 930 is fully supported even now. Please correct me if I am wrong, but we still don't have support for surround sound capture in video for the 930, right? May be a small thing for most people, but the point I am trying to make is that they are already not prioritizing developer effort for the 930, and it's already been a year of Windows 10.

I guess time will tell.
The surround sound was a big plus point for me buying(not even in stereo now!!!!). How can I have any confidence in a future purchase when I have to chase around to fix mine !

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
but isn't this true of all phones 2yrs. when there were contracts you got a new one. but some just keep using there phones.
I work for a company that when there people came in and called in theirs orders they were using treos so if I got one today I'm screwed? don't they only enhance the os with a few updates. working with the phones ram processor and such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb