waiting on At&T 950 firmware

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Control. It doesn't matter how little, or what reality has to say about anything. U.S. carriers will spend vast amounts of money (and lose plenty) for that little bit of control.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
And the waiting continues.

Doesn't help that work moved me out in the boondocks... Although the ATT coverage map shows "HD Voice" in the new location, I'm lucky to get 1-2 bars and 4g. So, now I don't know if I lost connection because of the old firmware, or if the signal is just spotty.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I got a Lumia 950 from assurion for a warranty swap from an HTC One m8 Windows. I did a WDRT clean install and it gave me the original 10586.29 FW from microsoft's server. So after the initial setup, I went ahead and did a search for the newest update which I thought would be the 545 update. Turns out the update gave me 14393.67. It installed and from what I know that's the AU. Phone update bypasses the 545 update and sent me straight to the AU. I got of course the AT&T branded 950. But what I did notice is, that it gives me the option to join the Windows Insider straight from the phone.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried putting the latest insider build on my 950 the other day. It essentially broke my phone and it took about a minute or so to simply unlock. When I would press the power key, it took a minute just to light the screen. That was enough to put a bad taste in my mouth and had me revert back. I guess I'll wait for the scutches at AT&T to push the official release which history tells me will be in a few months. It is what it is I suppose.

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried putting the latest insider build on my 950 the other day. It essentially broke my phone and it took about a minute or so to simply unlock. When I would press the power key, it took a minute just to light the screen. That was enough to put a bad taste in my mouth and had me revert back. I guess I'll wait for the scutches at AT&T to push the official release which history tells me will be in a few months. It is what it is I suppose.

Sorry to hear that, man. I've been installing Insider Preview releases on my 950 for months now and I never had anything go wrong. Part of me wants to try and convince you to try again, but I do understand your reluctance.

mrweerez

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
My AT&T 950 got the update on the 23rd! Finally! So far so good no complaints. Has anyone here with the AT&T 950 not received their update?

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I keep forgetting to check my gf's 950 to see if she got the update. I know she is gonna ask me about new features etc, but I've been on the Preview Builds so I can't even remember what is supposed to be 'new' from her perspective. Will have to point her to the AU for mobile recap on this site.

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to customer service via chat and they said it's in the process of rolling out. I was very specific about it being the firmware update. They said it's based on the birth data of your phone whatever they serial number is (forget the name). That is all they had to say. So no one got a firmware update yet???

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to customer service via chat and they said it's in the process of rolling out. I was very specific about it being the firmware update. They said it's based on the birth data of your phone whatever they serial number is (forget the name). That is all they had to say. So no one got a firmware update yet???

Not here... and I could really use it. :(

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

no one has mentioned it receiving it, and at&t cs doesn't have the greatest track record with Windows phones...

mrweerez

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
The general response I get when I visit an at&t store and inquire about Windows Phone is: "Oh you don't want one of those! Have you checked out the latest iPhone/Galaxy Phone?" It was about that time that I discovered Windows Central to keep up on anything Windows Phone. :)

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
no one has mentioned it receiving it, and at&t cs doesn't have the greatest track record with Windows phones...

I can't imagine that AT&T would actually need to "roll" out a firmware update for the 950. It probably accounts for ~0.1% of their users so that would just seem silly.

Still no update for me.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I can't imagine that AT&T would actually need to "roll" out a firmware update for the 950. It probably accounts for ~0.1% of their users so that would just seem silly.

Still no update for me.

well, the thing is, if the phone NEEDED it to fix severe issues AND there was a larger user base, then we would have had it already.
If anyone followed how AT&T handles Windows phone firmware, then this wait is no surprise....

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone here anything on the firmware update? Sure would like to have double tap back.

Still nothing. Will not be buying any more AT&T branded phones in the future.

Rethinking sticking with them as my carrier - I get that they want to test firmware before it's released, but this was months ago and their reps repeatedly give wrong information about when to expect it.

I'm guessing, as others have stated, they just say whatever need to in order to end the conversation. Terrible customer experience. "I don't know nor can I get that information", while frustrating, is a much better response than a lie.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing, as others have stated, they just say whatever need to in order to end the conversation. Terrible customer experience. "I don't know nor can I get that information", while frustrating, is a much better response than a lie.

This has always been the issue.... and something most people do not realize. CS is there as front line support. they handle the "my phone isn't working" or "my service isn't working" They may get info on "popular" devices, if a press release mentions it (in the case of the Galaxy line) but normally, no one knows about firmware until it's released :(

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I have an AT&T Lumia 950 with the latest Anniversary Update SW. I just hooked it up to WDRT and I noticed that it shows older software but there is a newer firmware out there. Have you guys noticed this?

Or do I have really old firmware myself (I did all the updates and I have always been on Release Preview ring).

Or is what's displayed on WDRT older firmware that I am not reading right (I thought the number is higher than mine.)

Lumia950_WDRT.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)