i'm on insider build 14393.5(fast)..i didn't get double tap feature ?

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
just bought new Lumia 950XL updated to insider build 14393.5...it dont have double tap to wake option...i heard their is some update which brings back feature..what i must do now to get that feature? thank you..

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
That's a firmware feature. You need firmware 01078.00053.xxxxx.xxxxx to enable it.

The setting is found at Personalization, Lock Screen, at the bottom.

Unless you're in one of the very few regions where it hasn't been released yet, you should be able to get that firmware update.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
i'm from india..i checked update, it displays you're device is up to date..do i get firmware update while i'm on insider preview?

Yes should be able to, I have it on my 950xl with insider.

Are you sure you look at the right place to turn on? like @pepperdotnet says?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
yes, i looked at right place there is only sign in options...no double tap to wake :(

If you just started with 950xl, like just bought it.... plug it to your computer, use windows device recovery tool and it might say a new firmware is available. If there is, go for it since it doesn't matter if you refresh your phone because you just got it :) Otherwise who knows how long you might have to wait for it over the air.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
If you just started with 950xl, like just bought it.... plug it to your computer, use windows device recovery tool and it might say a new firmware is available. If there is, go for it since it doesn't matter if you refresh your phone because you just got it :) Otherwise who knows how long you might have to wait for it over the air.

i done that it is showing new firmware version but it is rolling me back to 10586 from 14393.5......when i get time i will roll back install firmware & 10586 then update to insider fast...

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You might just want to check tomorrow, I bet these are both going OTA soon, easier than all that rollback/reinstall business, if it's available.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
i done that it is showing new firmware version but it is rolling me back to 10586 from 14393.5......when i get time i will roll back install firmware & 10586 then update to insider fast...

It's an option, it depends if you want to wait or not. If you can't, then be willing to start new and do all the set up work again :) If you don't want to do the set up work again, try to wait :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234