In Car Bluetooth Cortana on latest W10 Releases

ricardp23

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I want to upgrade my 8.1 Icon to w10 official release but when I previously tried w10 earlier this year (around Feb), the Cortana bluetooth integration in for my car's Sync system seemed to be broken from the functionality of 8.1.

Do any of you on the current builds have any issues with the talk-to-text cortana function on w10 current builds or have they fixed it?

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am on the latest fast ring builds and bluetooth is almost unusable in my 2016 BMW. It has been this way for months now. Making or receiving calls works about 1/4 the time. The rest of the time, people either can't hear me or I sound like a robot. Having Cortana send a text works sometimes, but notifying me one came in and reading it to me works even less. I have hard reset my phone multiple times, re-paired it with the car etc. Still no no luck. A coworker has an icon running WP 8.1 and I paired it with my car and it worked flawlessly.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I am on the latest fast ring builds and bluetooth is almost unusable in my 2016 BMW. It has been this way for months now. Making or receiving calls works about 1/4 the time. The rest of the time, people either can't hear me or I sound like a robot. Having Cortana send a text works sometimes, but notifying me one came in and reading it to me works even less. I have hard reset my phone multiple times, re-paired it with the car etc. Still no no luck. A coworker has an icon running WP 8.1 and I paired it with my car and it worked flawlessly.
I have a 2016 BMW, too. Bluetooth works great on the latest "official" Verizon release but it was less reliable on the AU which I installed when it was first available on the Insider Release ring. I also had a weird problem with the AU: if it was paired to my car, I couldn't manually turn off Bluetooth via quick actions. My phone would freeze in the notification center. Eventually it would "unfreeze" after a few minutes of inactivity. It didn't happen with any of my Bluetooth speakers, only my car. I could have lived with it but I had a couple other problems with the AU so I used the WDRT to revert back to 8.1, then upgraded OTA, and Bluetooth in the car (streaming, calls, reading texts, sending texts) has been fine.

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2016 BMW, too. Bluetooth works great on the latest "official" Verizon release but it was less reliable on the AU which I installed when it was first available on the Insider Release ring. I also had a weird problem with the AU: if it was paired to my car, I couldn't manually turn off Bluetooth via quick actions. My phone would freeze in the notification center. Eventually it would "unfreeze" after a few minutes of inactivity. It didn't happen with any of my Bluetooth speakers, only my car. I could have lived with it but I had a couple other problems with the AU so I used the WDRT to revert back to 8.1, then upgraded OTA, and Bluetooth in the car (streaming, calls, reading texts, sending texts) has been fine.

Hmm, I may have to try reverting back and going to the OTA version. They did fix the bluetooth toggle in quick actions freezing in one of the recent releases but the rest of the bluetooth didn't change for me. I normally use the bluetooth a lot for texts and calling and when it works it is far better than anything that is available on iOS or Android.

Thanks for the suggestion

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's been fairly good for me too (950 / 2016 VW Passat) for voice texting. Although Cortana's voice is sometimes a little garbled. Wish I knew a fix for it. Someone said it was because of the type of connection Cortana uses for voice, but if that's the case, why is it crystal clear at times and garbled at others?

Anyhow, one issue I noticed last week, she stopped working for starting my music. I haven't tried it recently to see if it's been fixed. Basically I'd say, "shuffle music" and Cortana would reply with , "Playing your Music", but then it would just pull up the Cortana app to the news feed and not open/play Groove music.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
The only problem I have is sometimes Cortana fails to read texts after I have asked her to. It used to be flawless with 8.1.

myrkle

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Really not working well for me on the anniversary update. I have a Kenwood receiver and streaming music is a mess. Asking Cortana to "shuffle my music" results in Cortana saying "Playing music" followed by nothing. If I start music streaming by opening groove manually and playing it will work, but if I use the skip button on the stereo it will occasionally cause the Bluetooth to disconnect, then reconnect after about 45 seconds.

All this worked flawlessly on 8.1

David Fleetwood

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have not had any issues with it on my Icon running the Anniversary Update and my 2017 Chevy Volt. That said, it only works for hands free on my Alpine in my Jeep. Oddly enough 8.1 was actually worse with that stereo, but WP7 was perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans