Help! Mail App Not Showing All Messages

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Starting this past weekend, I began to notice strange behavior with the mail app. New messages arrive, and I can see the preview text in my inbox, but when I click on the message to open it, I get a screen with the subject line at the top, but the body of the message never shows up. The status dots would go across the top of the screen. If I let the screen lock, when I reopen, I find the mail app has crashed / closed.

This is strange because while it happens most of the time, some messages get through. I haven't been able to identify a pattern. It happens with both my personal outlook.com and my work activesync accounts.

I was on the production W10 mobile release, and decided to give the slow ring a try to see if anything changed, but no luck - the problem is still there. Any ideas?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming you've checked for app updates?
Can you also confirm that your internet connection is stable?
And perhaps you could try removing one account and adding it back?

Rvacha

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue periodically as well (14393.5). What fixes it for me is to open task manager, kill Outlook Mail, then wait a minute (literally), then launch the app again. There's no apparent rhyme or reason regarding when it will go blank that I can tell

Come to think of it, doesn't Mail use Edge for rendering E-mails? Perhaps there is a connection of some sort?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel