Lumia 950 display bleed and awful color calibration

Hiems Animae

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I have had my first Lumia, 950, for about 3 days now. And this is just driving me crazy. Literally. I couldn't find anything on the internet about a fix on this issue. It seems people are living, well knowingly of the problem, with a broken panel / unfixable display calibration. And I can't stand that... I hope there is a solution for this, and before I take any decision I feel the need to try asking you directly as a last frontier, as I am quitely enjoying the new experience on the os.

As you can see, the grey scale is totally off the charts.
IMAG0948.jpg

Although I couldn't be able to capture the problem on the screen, there is present on the lower half of the display some sort of backlight bleed, extremely annoying while displaying blacks and overly frustrating while displaying the Glance feature, as there is some reddish hue around the clock and thus true black cannot be achieved, defeating the purpose of the function.
IMAG0950.jpg

In this last two pictures I show the effects of the color shift due to the color bleed. In the first picture the shade #4 is Red. In the second picture i shifted the shade to the bottom on the screen and it appears green.
IMAG0949.jpg

Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated. :grin:

?Build: 10586.494

Hiems Animae

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I have read that. I have borrowed the grid from that post actually.
I decided to open a new thread because I wanted to focus more on a possible fix rather than the acknowledgement of the issue.
Thank you for your answer. Hope in a solution.

dell1122 a

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Greetings Heims ,
I too have this issue . I will be visiting the Microsoft Service Centre and use the old threads about this as a reference and do something about it .
Any Updates on your end ?
Regards

patters98

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
When I briefly owned a 950 I found the screen colour calibration awful. True red was almost pink (e.g. Acrobat Reader icon).
I decided to have a look in here since MS has reduced the price of the handset in the UK and Anniversary Update is meant to improve the battery situation... but jeez reading through the threads on here has reminded me that the handset hardware is a total mess. I won't be buying one of these even at less than half of the original price.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
FYI for those looking for a Windows Phone, the Lumia 930 does not have this problem. Looks like another result of MS sacking everyone who knew how to make a decent phone (Nokia staff) and handing it over to the MS guys who generally only make beta stuff now (sorry, 'as a service' is the new phrase for it now I think).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett