Impossible to install new firmware on my Lumia 650XL RM-1156

trevormacro

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Lumia 650XL (rm-1156) and very old Win10 version installed.

Product code 059x2j3

I don't have settings etc... I can't search a wifi...

I would like to install New Firmware on this device but i can't why?

I tried with Windows Device Recovery Tool but no firmware find etc... OTA don't work too...

Anybody have a solution to update firmware please?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
And where did you get 650 XL? There's no such device with RM-1156 in the wild. And that's probably a reason why you can't get update for OS, nor for firmware.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
you are most likely using a prototype model of an unreleased device, which is a total brick in terms of updates and support from Microsoft.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Does it say "proto.microsoft.com" under the front glass?

What makes you say it is a 650 XL? What size is the screen? 5"?

Cancelled Lumia 750 may be most likely with that RM# from what I can find on teh interwebz.

Does dialing *#0000# do anything?

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I am so wanting to see this phone already. Like. Real serious bad Trevor. And we cant get it the firmware update, but I'll be damned if we dont get it to the latest RS build atleast friend! :D :D :D

-- W

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Product code 059x2j3

I don't have settings etc... I can't search a wifi...

I would like to install New Firmware on this device but i can't why?

I tried with Windows Device Recovery Tool but no firmware find etc... OTA don't work too...

Anybody have a solution to update firmware please?

Thanks in advance.
Reach out to Microsoft, they might exchange it for another device. Also please post some pictures of the device if possible.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Motherduck. Spam us with images of it Trevor! And is that matte black. With a silver trim. KEEPITKEEPITKEEPITKEEPIT!!!! :O

You have a one in a million device man, dont let it go. And if you want, if the phone seems receptive to it. We can probably work something out about spoofing Device IDs and trying to update your new mythical phone. Can you look at the specs and the hardware info about the phone and let us in on that? :)

-- W

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I don't believe you.

You can find the inside model name/code like RM-1156 or 059x2j3 but you don't know if its retail phone because a friend give it of you?
Also, your last post its a low quality image of the back from your phone thats say prototype. Of course its photoshoped, if you are so newbie how you know what info from the back its too personal and you delete them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos