How is Lumia 550?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
device comes second, first let him know what are the cons and pros of joining windows phone family. i am sure he will definitely thank you after learnign about the app gap etc etc, ;D

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
One thing to watch out for is that it does not have as many 4G bands supported as the 650, so (since you mentioned 4G in your first post) if 4G coverage is important I would recommend the 650 instead of the 550.

I got a 550 which my mom uses and from whatever occasional times I use the device it seems to be good. It's still on "current" 10586.494 build and it's not super-buttery-smooth but it's pretty darn good.

Mostly just use the phone and few apps like Outlook for email, Facebook, Whatsapp, some Edge web browsing... all on WiFi and are fine ... but again... we're not using the device for anything "heavy" like games or lot of web browsing. Pretty much hardly/never used it for photos/video so far.

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Battery performance with this kind of light usage is around 20% consumed per day, so it lasts for like 3-4 days before needing to be charged back up again :) But for this I take care to occasionally check the settings to disable most if not all of the background apps.

Haven't enabled 3G or 4G on the SIM card (this is all used on home WiFi) so can't comment on performance/coverage there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077