Lumia 950 - black screen while trying to unlock

pzkpfwnz

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
1 week old Lumia 950, love it.

Updated to 14393.5 and firmware 16236.

Glance screen works well for a bit, (not even sure if this a problem with glance screen) but after a while when I try to unlock it all I see is a black screen... the iris scanner light will come on and unlock, or if it has been a short period since I unlocked and don't need a pin, I can can just swipe up the black screen and sometimes I see a normal start screen, other times I get a really low brightness start screen...

Reboot the phone and seems fine for a bit... but a few hours later same thing starts happening again. I have switched off Glance Screen and the problem hasn't resurfaced and it's been about 3 hours since I did that.

Just me and my device or anyone else noticed?

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been seeing the same thing on my ATT L950. I just did a hard reset this morning (to see if my battery life would improve), so I'll see if the black screen returns.

Ferjim77

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
interesting observation. I had the same issue, but I like glance screen well enough to not think about disable it. Maybe I'll try this now I have a band 2...

I got same issue, without glance screen. Restart will fix problem but it came back in a while.
If some of us have same issue I believe its software update problem, not hardware.
Fj

Ferjim77

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I disable, the "retina" scan, the glance screen, but still happen the delay of the unlocked screen problem it came back. Sometimes it got really low screen brightness, and sometimes just a delay. Both are really annoying.

natna

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
A problem that drives me crazy...
Tap to focus off
Double tap off
Auto brightness off
Iris scan off
Hard reset? Done it.
I still have the problem.

I push the power button again and again no screen awakening.
The glitch happens even during a call when the proximity sensor switches the screen off.
Sometimes I can't accept the call because the screen is black. Or I can't turn of a wake up alarm @#%&
I have the problem for the last 2 updates.
Soft reset fixes the issue for a few hours. Then it happens again.

Msoft f***d up...

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I too have had this problem for months, I just don't understand why there isn't a clear resolution from Microsoft. I check the forums about twice a week for anyone who might have found a solution, but always nothing, and its interesting that a post of this nature is almost always on the front page, so its not something that is going away. I really wish Microsoft would fix both (although I do think there is a link between the brightness and the delay).

Ferjim77

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I just might solve issue for me.
I turn off my L950, remove sd card.
Turn on without card.
Turn off again, insert the sd card again.
Turn on L950. So far no more issues.
I will tell if, this really works in time.
Fj

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
1 week old Lumia 950, love it.

Updated to 14393.5 and firmware 16236.

Reboot the phone and seems fine for a bit... but a few hours later same thing starts happening again. I have switched off Glance Screen and the problem hasn't resurfaced and it's been about 3 hours since I did that.

Just me and my device or anyone else noticed?

Turn off auto-brightness. That's the real culprit.

Ferjim77

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I kept the auto brightness. And with the restart method things worked for me. So far no unlocked delay, and no screen dimming.

MOHAMMED GHAZEY

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I tried removing SD and switch without it and it worked well. Insert it again and it's still good for 2 minutes. If it back again I'll subscribe. Thanks.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have this issue sometimes, but I think it's always after I've played a game or watched video for about 5 to 10 minutes and the phone has become very hot. Could it be a symptom of overheating? I think all the performance-related issues I've had with the 950 have occurred under the same circumstances.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos