Lumia 950 - black screen while trying to unlock

MOHAMMED GHAZEY

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, I removed my screen protector three days ago and still have this issue. I think it fixed when I remove my SD card and insert it again this was been more than 30 hours ago and it's good till now.

Golden_Firefly

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. Getting the black screen, while trying to unlock the phone. Only Iris scanner lights up. This issue is random, sometimes reboot helps.

MOHAMMED GHAZEY

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi everybody I think there is no fix we can do for this issue, The black screen still exist after 48 hours of restarting the phone. I hope Microsoft give an update to fix this issue soon.....thank you all.😔

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Battery issues, Crashing 8-10 times a day, sometimes can't even turn my screen on... I loved my lumia experience when I got it, but man oh man has it gone down hill.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been seeing this issue for a while now, at least a couple of months. I don't use a screen protector, I do use auto-brightness and glance. I don't use the iris-scan to unlock, although the red LED still comes on, especially when I'm getting this black screen. I struggle to think how taking the SD card out, booting, and then replacing the SD card would affect this at all. I think the real problem must have something to do with the IRIS scan, since that's the only physical clue I have to work with - I've got it shut off, but with the black screen, I often get the red iris-scan LED.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been seeing this issue for a while now, at least a couple of months. I don't use a screen protector, I do use auto-brightness and glance. I don't use the iris-scan to unlock, although the red LED still comes on, especially when I'm getting this black screen. I struggle to think how taking the SD card out, booting, and then replacing the SD card would affect this at all. I think the real problem must have something to do with the IRIS scan, since that's the only physical clue I have to work with - I've got it shut off, but with the black screen, I often get the red iris-scan LED.

dude thats your problem, disable auto brightness and the problem will go away... worked on my GF's 950... still working perfectly till this day

slon72

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
If you put light on light sensor and the screen is on max brightness, light off and screnn is going back to set brightness.
have 50%+auto - time for going back is 10 seconds or more
Can you test it ?
L950 is on last W10M public update.

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same issue you're facing, but sometimes when Im clicking on the unlock button it won't show me the screen, but I still can unlock it and after a few seconds it shows me the tiles but with decreased brightness, I guess it has something to do with the brightness sensor

brs98

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
That does describe what is happening on my 950, but the really bad part is when I have an incoming call, the screen is black and I cannot answer it. And texts.

If I press the key to wake the phone up, it hangs the call up. I have no screen protector, I have tried soft resets to try and sort out, but that doesn't work.

Sorry Microsoft, I have used a windows phone since the Lumia 800 and I am about to abandon ship unless someone from Microsoft acknowledges and says a fix is coming.

I have purchased an Android phone (DooGee) for ?48 that simply works well, and I can answer calls on that. So I am not losing business now.

One of the biggest companies in the world, and they can't make a phone I can answer calls on.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
dude thats your problem, disable auto brightness and the problem will go away... worked on my GF's 950... still working perfectly till this day
Just a follow up, I disabled auto brightness, and the problem has indeed gone away. I've lost the auto-light sensing, which gives me a pretty bright screen if I have to turn it on in the middle of the night, but that's a small price to have the screen responsive when needed.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Did you try using Double Tap To Wake instead of the power button to wake up the phone? Does it give same effect?
I use DTTW instead of the button, along with auto brightness and never had any problems...

Ferjim77

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
For me turn off "hey Cortana" seen to solve the issue. It looks like 950 can't handle all these the sametime, DTTW, iris, power button, hey Cortana and glace screen.

Nice input, really solve this issue turning off "her Cortana"
Thanks

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
anyone found a solution to this?
I followed advice given above to turn off the auto brightness. This solved the problem instantly, and it hasn't returned. Yes, you may end up with a bright screen in the middle of the night if you check your phone, but a small price to pay to have this resolved. I have to give beman39 credit, he steered me in the right direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte