Disable Bluetooth device profiles?

Sean N

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to disable the hands free profile on a connected Bluetooth device? I have a Bluetooth audio adapter in my cat that does a2dp and phone profiles, bit I also have a hands free Bluetooth built in to my car for phone. I want to use the phone in the car and podcasts on the audio adapter. In android I would just disable the hands free profile on the adapter after I paired it with the phone, but I can't find that option in windows. As a result, the phone won't stay paired with the car. Is there such an option in windows 10m or am I screwed? Running 14393 insider preview on the 950xl.

Thanks!

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
You could try the "Gagets" app.
Select the device, you will see what "Apps" it uses.
My BT uses, Groove Music, Phone, and Skype.
I pressed and held Skype, then deleted it using the popup menu.

Sean N

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I dont think that will help. Ill give it a try and see what happens, but its disconnecting my car immediately for the audio adapter since it looks like only 1 phone profile can be connected at a time. It does have the phone and skype shortcut, so if thats actually determining what profiles it connects with, @#$%@$^%T#$%. For the last day or so, I pinned the phone gadget to my start screen, so its at least not a complete ordeal to connect the phone back to the car manually. At this point, im looking to see if this is code-able. Wish we had powershell on w10m. Even on android, you could just use tasker for this operation. I went ahead and posted on the feedback hub, but I know those requests generally don't get a lot attention, unless a TON of people mark it up. If anyone has this same problem, and has even a workaround, I'd love to hear it.

Sean N

May 19, 2014
Visit site
sadly, didnt work. Might just need a wave of us to request a feature enhancement. I need your help guys and gals!:love:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb