Anybody else notice screen 'burn-in' with the 950?

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on build 10.0.10586.494 at this time. I'm using an app called 'Great Detectives of Old Time Radio', basically a podcast player. I'll have the app up at work with the screen on, and I notice that if I go to another app, I can still see a faint image of the controls still on the screen. I haven't noticed it in other apps, but most apps I don't leave up.

Has anybody else seen this? Not sure if it's the screen or something in the app, but I can't imagine what the app might do to leave an after-image like that.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw a demo 950 afflicted with burn-in at an AT&T store. Just a reality of the specific tech used in the display.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there a difference?

Would image retention be temporary?

yes, there is a difference.... burn in is permanent, image retention is temporary. Had soooooo many headaches with apple and their imacs last year for work.... high end imacs had BAD image retention issues... apples answer.... set brightness to 25% and give it a break every few hours.... yeah, i'm not telling my boss that the photo editors need 2 1hour breaks a day for their macs to take a break....

but back on subject... leave the screen off for a an hour or so and see if everything is fine....I never had an issue, but my brightness is at 50%, so I am not blinded at 2 am :)

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
yeah, i'm not telling my boss that the photo editors need 2 1hour breaks a day for their macs to take a break....
LOL next time he will buy machines that get the work done instead of expensive toys...
Anyway, back on topic, panels on 950s are cheap oleds, they'll get burn-in no matter what

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss