Battery drain on my 950

anon(9833501)

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
So... my phone was charged 100% before I went to sleep so I unplugged it and went to sleep.

Everything was off, apps, mobile data, wifi, location,...

Usually when I wake up its about 96% left.

Lately its 15-20% left ?!!?!?

What is wrong?

My OS build is: 10.0.14393.5

Its crazy.

Thank you for help.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
you're using insider build, i'm on TH production 10586.545 , great battery life here, how long were you on insider build? I've heard some people say battery drain is evident on that build you're using, do you have open tabs in Edge also?

anon(9833501)

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I've not been using insider long. Tabs are open, but edge was closed and its not allowed to run in background.

Should be better if I just cancel the insider. Is it possible?

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I've not been using insider long. Tabs are open, but edge was closed and its not allowed to run in background.

Should be better if I just cancel the insider. Is it possible?

yeah you can set it to stop getting insider updates but you'll stick with that build until anniversary update is released to all and them cumulative update after that to see what happens, or you can use WDRT and grab latest firmware and update to latest build on production. btw , what's your firmware version #?

mrweerez

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
One other thing you can try if all else fails is you can try doing a hard reset and don't restore to a previous restore point. See if that fixes the battery drain issue. If it doesn't then you may have a problem wiht your actual battery.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is terrible with the 950, that's my conclusion, especially after the recent software update. Running whatever firmware and version of W10M AT&T allows right now mine is at about 34 percent battery life after about 8.5 hours since the last charge with it in my pocket 95 prevent of that time. It should last for days given the modest usage... The device is always warm too the touch for no reason, even with apps closed and many not allowed to run in the background. I give up...

anon(5590893)

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have my 950 for about two weeks now and the battery drain-thing was obvious from the beginning. I loaded it fully before going to bed and it was dead the next morning - after six or seven hours. It was very warm when i left it and cold like a dead fish when i got up. The next time i turned off everything running in the background with no effect. So everything turned on again and ... in the following night everything went well and i found my phone happy and alive welcoming the new day.
I am pretty ignorant when it comes to software and tech-stuff. I only have the firmware and os-versions i get as an ordinary customer, no member of an insider ring. So i can only contribute my unprofessional observations: When the phone was "heating" up that little arrow of the wifi-symbol at the top was permanently on. And i mean permanently. It was hardly impossible to open a website or the store.
After a week i did a hard reset for other resaons and the drama recurred. This time i left the phone plugged in and let it do whatever it had to do the following two nights. After that i had a working phone with battery-life between one and two days. I changed no settings, did not turn off any apps. Right now i'm very satisfied with my Lumia though i don't get breaking-news-notifications from my news-apps (the reason for the hard reset).

P.S. Unlocked phone with T-Mobile in germany and i did not install any backups because of the warnings in the forum.

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 950ds since Dec...have very good battery life...
With heavy use with lots of calls ,games what's app Internet and more get around 14hrs
With medium use around 17 to 19 hours and light use more than a day
I am on production latest build
But i recommend full hard reset to enjoy and major update
When I get anniversary update I will hard reset the phone

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mrweerez

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
This has been my experience too jeetu4444. I used to have battery issues with several of the insider builds. After reverting to the release build and not restoring previous backups everything is running great. There are still bugs here and there, but quite stable, smooth, and battery life is great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz