where to get cricket lumia 640 unlocked?

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
It seems all the sellers of unlock codes for lumias on cricket on ebay are now saying 640 not supported.
Why is that and where can I get unlock codes for these 4 cricket lumia 640s I have?
thanks.

acejavelin

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried just contacting any of the more reputable unlocking companies like:

https://www.unlockradar.com/
https://www.unlockunit.com/
https://www.doctorsim.com/us-en/
Unlock Phone | Unlock Codes | Cell Phone Unlocking Service Online - The Unlock Arena
Unlock Your Cell Phone Easily And Safely - Codes2unlock.com
https://www.unlocktechs.com/

In a quick look at most of these sites they actually list the Nokia Lumia 640 specifically. Granted I haven't tried to unlock one, I was able to get a couple AT&T models for $29.99 before they sold out and have been a customer of theirs for years so unlock codes for these devices isn't an issue for me, but in the past I have used Unlockunit.com a couple times and although it sometimes takes a couple days, they never failed me.

mullinon

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I've tried all of the providers listed above. Unfortunately, none of them we're able to provide me with a code. Has anybody had any luck in finding a provider to unlock their Lumia 640 from Cricket?

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried all of the providers listed above. Unfortunately, none of them we're able to provide me with a code. Has anybody had any luck in finding a provider to unlock their Lumia 640 from Cricket?

Cricket is probably the toughest nut to unlock in the US for GSM devices.

So far as I know those "Unlock Services" are just doing what consumers are too lazy to research themselves. They don't have a magic unlock code generator. If you can't get Cricket to unlock it, how could they?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No dice- doesn't look like there's any way to unlock this (short of paying for months of Cricket service).

I've heard mixed reports from users, but the Cricket Unlock Policy is quite clear. Put the phone on the $70 plan and it is instantly eligible for unlock. My local Cricket Store confirms this.

So $70 once vs $40 x 6 months = you do the math. I'd advise doing this through a store in conjunction with making them look up the Unlock Policy if they give you any guff.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
My unlocking issue is solved for now. I got a broken at&t variant off ebay, unlocked it, and put it's mainboard into my cricket phone. Next I reflashed to t-mobile firmware and it's good to go. Easy peasy and MUCH cheaper than the $70.

cal_durham

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
You posted you unlocked on 9/20.. I ordered from attunlockcode.com - I believe, the same as the three links you provided, on 10/25. My credit card was refunded. I told them I had a Cricket Lumia 640 LTE. Is that what you told them?

Last edited:

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
So has anyone had success getting their Cricket Lumia 640 unlocked? Even as of date all reply stating not supported or unable to get code.

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
After a couple months somehow it was successfully unlocked by an ebay code seller and I was told the databases the unlockers use get updated every month something like that so I think eventually it can happen. I think I was also told it increases the chances of your phone imei making the database by activating it on the cricket network at first, that is what I gathered by the broken english one code seller told me. But that was not applicable to me as I was incapable of doing so as I live outside of the USA.

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
@westnz thanks for the update. Ya I was given a similar update stating that may be in 3~6 months I could expect the code. I was also told that you need to activate and use it on Cricket for best chances and even post that there is no guarantee. So in no hurry so will wait! Till then will use it for other functions :)

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
@westnz thanks for the update. Ya I was given a similar update stating that may be in 3~6 months I could expect the code. I was also told that you need to activate and use it on Cricket for best chances and even post that there is no guarantee. So in no hurry so will wait! Till then will use it for other functions :)

Me I want it asap, I have 3 of them waiting to unlock and sell...damn it the longer the less valuable they are :/ I try every 2 weeks lol

visitkalpya

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Guys,
Any update on unlock Mircosoft lumia 640 LTE phone locked with Cricket wireless. I also want to unlock it.
How is E-bay, as its showing some codes below $10
pls let me know. thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte