Ordered My HP Elite X3 Today

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I completed my training program on the Elite X3 today and then promptly placed my order. Phone and desktop doc will arrive Aug 17th. Total was $750. This should be plenty of time to play around and test before the wider roll out in the US. No other accessories were available for order. Looking forward to it.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No offense to anyone working in local carrier stores, but I can see how this device might be a challenge in terms of selling to consumers at a store. There is a lot of information to present that leads up to the device. Not sure if store sales reps would dedicate the time to learn/present in such a way that shows true benefits and wins customers over.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you give us a review mate.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android (LG V10 or Nexus 5x)

I sure will. Intend to use it with HP Desktop Doc and Continuim doc to see if one works better than the other. As well as the overall performance of the phone of course. We are really focusing on the software side "HP WorkSpace" and how well it performs and how quickly we can bring custom business apps to market for perspective clients.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting on word regarding the cost of the HP Workspace, but a new list of accessories has been updated. Among the items that are available as of right now are the Wireless Charger ($55) Desktop Doc ($150 so you may as well get it bundled). All other cases and 3 different types of screen protectors are not available for order at this time.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What does HP say to you about Verizon? Is it JUST AT&T?

No word on Verizon at this time. It is sold as a global GSM device, but I didn't see Verizon or Sprint listed in the compatible carrier list. At&t and Tmobile, along with sub GSM carriers in the US at least for now. Global, so there is also a long list of countries.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
No word on Verizon at this time. It is sold as a global GSM device, but I didn't see Verizon or Sprint listed in the compatible carrier list. At&t and Tmobile, along with sub GSM carriers in the US at least for now. Global, so there is also a long list of countries.

Thank you for the quick reply ... Tmobile is a plus ... but, we NEED Verizon!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply ... Tmobile is a plus ... but, we NEED Verizon!

Well given it's a Global GSM Phone, highly unlikely we will see a CDMA variant just for Sprint and Verizon - the same goes for T-CDMA variants as well.

ramtwins25, really looking forward to that review!

I know I'm being cheeky here maybe some hands on photos and videos (or are you under any form of embargo re: photos and videos)?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the phone supports Verizon and CDMA because of the Chipset but as far as I know they don't activate it because Verizon and Sprint want extortion money to sell the phone on their network. The new CEO of Microsoft said they would no longer pay money to carriers just to sell their phones, this is one reason phone sales are down so much but another reason we now can get updates for windows 10 whenever we want. This is something the government needs to take care of, I thought we were soposta be able to use unlocked phones on any carrier but Verizon is still using cdma for authentication and the LTE Service is GSM or universal so they are really trying hard not to allow unlocked phone on their network. Verizon can use LTE for authentication but they doe this to prevent unlocked phones on their network.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
No offense to anyone working in local carrier stores, but I can see how this device might be a challenge in terms of selling to consumers at a store. There is a lot of information to present that leads up to the device. Not sure if store sales reps would dedicate the time to learn/present in such a way that shows true benefits and wins customers over.

These devices, I believe, aren't being marketed to be sold at carrier stores but directly to businesses.

Sent from mTalk

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm still waiting on word regarding the cost of the HP Workspace, but a new list of accessories has been updated. Among the items that are available as of right now are the Wireless Charger ($55) Desktop Doc ($150 so you may as well get it bundled). All other cases and 3 different types of screen protectors are not available for order at this time.

Some other accessories are also listed at the bottom of the page at hp.com/go/elitex3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb