My camera on Lumia 950 acting crazy(video included)

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, my camera on Lumia 950 isn't focusing well at all, for simple photos aiming at any object it tries to focus on many things on the screen and photos always comes out fuzzy and out of focus. Strange that this is happening, phone never fell or anything, noticed photos were coming a bit fuzzy about a week back but didn't take it on cause I was hurrying taking out photos then and been pretty busy since then, now i'm taking look at it I notice it's still focusing on too many things at once.

Any help would be appreciated, i'll try and get another phone and record what i'm talking about, and post link to video.

Phone info can be seen here.

dice-950.jpg

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: My camera on Lumia 950 acting crazy

this started happening after you updated to redstone?
have you checked that you have the latest firmware and camera app updates?
Does the misfocusing still happen with other camera apps like proshot?

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

this started happening after you updated to redstone?
have you checked that you have the latest firmware and camera app updates?
Does the misfocusing still happen with other camera apps like proshot?

strangely this started happening after I updated to the latest firmware and not redstone, I've even used wdrt and went back to official .545 build and same thing, also used ProShot and same thing,

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

strangely this started happening after I updated to the latest firmware and not redstone, I've even used wdrt and went back to official .545 build and same thing, also used ProShot and same thing,

can you check using wdrt if there is a new firmware available?

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

maybe a factory reset can solve it :grincry:

tried both hard and soft reset to no avail, wondering whether I should let my cousin who's here on vacation give my uncle when she's going back to NYC and have him carry it Microsoft Store there, since I purchased from Msft Store USA website during the BOGO deal, the video was recorded using 950XL from same BOGO deal.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

tried both hard and soft reset to no avail, wondering whether I should let my cousin who's here on vacation give my uncle when she's going back to NYC and have him carry it Microsoft Store there, since I purchased from Msft Store USA website during the BOGO deal, the video was recorded using 950XL from same BOGO deal.

then yes, the replacement will have to be done

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

then yes, the replacement will have to be done

I live in Caribbean but purchased on Microsoft Store USA and have it shipped to my uncle who then had relative bring it here to me, I've only had it since April, i'll have to call Microsoft Support and let them know that my uncle is gonna gonna bring it in on my behalf.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Guys,just giving an update,my cousin's husband dropped phone to Microsoft Store in NYC Fifth Avenue,and they replaced it,I'm using Lumia 650 currently and love it,whenever my cousin knows anyone coming my area ill get back the 950 & give my mom the 650 I'm using to replace her 535,Kudos to Msft for replacing phone,best to purchase from their site if anything cause of that one year warranty

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Guys just an update,will be receiving my replacement 950 on 28th Sept. Knew a friend that was travelling to NY,my cousin gave friend phone who is now returning to Caribbean,will update you all when i receive,my mom is gonna love the temporary 650 I'm using to replace her 535

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers