Orderthe new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021 right here!

Running Windows 10.

A couple of weeks ago my Outlook Mail and Calendar began auto-closing a few seconds after I opened them.
    Then the Alarm program stopped alarming.

I have tried Soft Resets and Hard Resets and nothing worked.

I tried the Windows Device Recovery Tool and it crashes trying to read info from the phone.

This morning I was reading a news app when the phone suddenly began vibrating and would not shut off.

I had to pull the battery to get it to stop and when I replaced the battery the apps that are not working STILL were not working but at least the vibration has stopped.

I have it on the charger right now but as soon as it is fully charged i intend to try the Windows Device Recover Tool --- again --- although I have no real hope that it will work.

One of the techs at the Answer Desk told me about the Windows Device Recovery Tool but since I went back to the forum and told her it didn't work --- silence. No answer.

Any ideas / suggestions / dirty jokes? / clean jokes? / or < gasp!! > solutions ?
    08-13-2016 10:50 AM
    Running Windows 10.

A couple of weeks ago my Outlook Mail and Calendar began auto-closing a few seconds after I opened them.
    Then the Alarm program stopped alarming.

I have tried Soft Resets and Hard Resets and nothing worked.

I tried the Windows Device Recovery Tool and it crashes trying to read info from the phone.

This morning I was reading a news app when the phone suddenly began vibrating and would not shut off.

I had to pull the battery to get it to stop and when I replaced the battery the apps that are not working STILL were not working but at least the vibration has stopped.

I have it on the charger right now but as soon as it is fully charged i intend to try the Windows Device Recover Tool --- again --- although I have no real hope that it will work.

One of the techs at the Answer Desk told me about the Windows Device Recovery Tool but since I went back to the forum and told her it didn't work --- silence. No answer.

Any ideas / suggestions / dirty jokes? / clean jokes? / or < gasp!! > solutions ?
    First of all try a doft reset instead removing attery: hold vol down + power 15 secs
    Then check Store updates.
    You don't need device recovery tool, simply you an do a hard reset via phone settings as last solution if previous doesnt work
    08-13-2016 11:21 AM
    I have done both soft and hard resets.

They did NOT solve the problem.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool does identify my phone correctly but cannot run successfully -- it crashes with the error:
    0x00000067 (Thor2 not responding ).

I have gone to the Store and updated all apps.

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to remove many apps. Some apps you can long touch them and get a menu that allows them to be un-installed but not Microsoft apps such as Calendar and Outlook and, evidently, Alarm. Cannot find a way to remove them so I can re-install them. Updating does not solve the problem. Nor does a Windows update which came through although I suspect it didn't completely install because it said it would show version 1607 ( I think that was it ) but mine still shows Version 1511.

I have just now started my phone doing ANOTHER Hard Reset but I am not letting it wipe my SD card.

PS This time the Hard Reset < did > seem to fix my Outlook Mail and Calendar app. Both of them are working now.

But the Alarm app still doesn't work. :(
    Last edited by Arizona Willie; 08-13-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    08-13-2016 12:03 PM