Dock charging support? I'm having an issue with Power in and HDMI Out

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys - so I have a Lumia 950. It's AT&T branded and it's on OS Build 10.0.14393.67 just in case it's an issue with either of these.

I've noticed something as I'm trying to do Continuum. It was my impression that USB-C allowed the device to be charged with HDMI out at the same time. I have tried 2 different docks so far. One was a cheap Amazon pickup and the other was the Mate Dock. Both do the same thing to my phone: kill the USB-C port.

Here's how I kill it. With both docks, I can get continuum working no problem. Both allow a wireless USB keyboard as well. They seem to work very well until I plug the USB-C power into each dock. Then I get the sound like I have disconnected an accessory. With the cheap dock, the USB-C port completely stops working. With the Mate Dock, at least the last time I used it, the display out kept working but it didn't charge. When I unplugged it, it wouldn't charge any other way besides wireless. Then when I tried the dock again, there was nothing, so the end result of the USB-C port dying held true.

The first time this happened, I couldn't get it to work. I brought the phone to the Microsoft store and they gave me a new one. With the new one, I can fix it by yanking the battery and booting back up.

Has anyone else had this issue? I tried charging the phone on the dock in store and that worked, which is why I got the Huawei, but it didn't have the display out at the time. I haven't tried it in a Lumia dock. Maybe I'll try that over lunch. Thanks for any help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss