HELP! battery level (plugged in, not charging)

John O1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
OK, in panic mode here (for the last two days). I upgraded to windows 10, got the latest update and the phone was working like a dream, when on windows 8 I always got the message phone is charging slowly, use the charger that came with your device which I WAS doing, even swapped out chargers and cables.... anyway, after the 10 upgrade not only did the battery charge faster but it lasted longer too (after three days still had 12% charge left) Well yesterday at 12% I plugged in the charger and the app showed it charging and the icon in the top left corner was blinking but it was losing the charge, I checked the settings/battery saver and saw battery level (plugged in, not charging) and was down to 6% and I panicked, changed cables, chargers, it would show charging for a few seconds then not charging, finally plugged it into my computer to use the windows device recovery tool thinking it was a software glitch and rolled it back to windows 8 while it warned me against doing this below a certain battery percentage but I was in a hurry because if the battery died completely I had no idea what would happen. Also, while plugged into my computer it WAS charging but staying at 6% because I was draining it at the same time. Luckily I got it up and running under windows 8, got the updates step by step (things were really screwed up during this process) and by the end of the night I was back to windows 10 and after hours and hours back to 100% charged. Today after setting the apps back up and updating them the phone got down to 32% so I figured I better check and make sure the phone will charge again and NO, I get charging for a few seconds then not charging again. Could this be a software glitch? Or is the usb connector bad? BUT, I never had this problem on windows 8 soooooo if it doesn't charge back up I will be rolling it back to 8 again (sigh) Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
OK, in panic mode here (for the last two days). I upgraded to windows 10, got the latest update and the phone was working like a dream, when on windows 8 I always got the message phone is charging slowly, use the charger that came with your device which I WAS doing, even swapped out chargers and cables.... anyway, after the 10 upgrade not only did the battery charge faster but it lasted longer too (after three days still had 12% charge left) Well yesterday at 12% I plugged in the charger and the app showed it charging and the icon in the top left corner was blinking but it was losing the charge, I checked the settings/battery saver and saw battery level (plugged in, not charging) and was down to 6% and I panicked, changed cables, chargers, it would show charging for a few seconds then not charging, finally plugged it into my computer to use the windows device recovery tool thinking it was a software glitch and rolled it back to windows 8 while it warned me against doing this below a certain battery percentage but I was in a hurry because if the battery died completely I had no idea what would happen. Also, while plugged into my computer it WAS charging but staying at 6% because I was draining it at the same time. Luckily I got it up and running under windows 8, got the updates step by step (things were really screwed up during this process) and by the end of the night I was back to windows 10 and after hours and hours back to 100% charged. Today after setting the apps back up and updating them the phone got down to 32% so I figured I better check and make sure the phone will charge again and NO, I get charging for a few seconds then not charging again. Could this be a software glitch? Or is the usb connector bad? BUT, I never had this problem on windows 8 soooooo if it doesn't charge back up I will be rolling it back to 8 again (sigh) Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I often faced this Alert, it charges 5% in an hour.
I solve it by switch off my phone, then start it again. Most of time it worked on first time.

John O1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
OK, I just did what you suggested and put it in airplane mode and it IS charging! Thank you for the tip! Hopefully this will be corrected with the new update that's rolling out today. I am soooo relieved that it wasn't a hardware issue.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
OK, I just did what you suggested and put it in airplane mode and it IS charging! Thank you for the tip! Hopefully this will be corrected with the new update that's rolling out today. I am soooo relieved that it wasn't a hardware issue.

AU has been rolled out 2.45 hrs ago in India

lsguntu

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

My phone is not charging beyond 82%. this could be a hardware issue ? Spoke to Microsoft service center in India and they say they are not getting betteries anymore for Lumia 1520. Where could I find original or atleast close to orginal battery in India. Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My phone is not charging beyond 82%. this could be a hardware issue ? Spoke to Microsoft service center in India and they say they are not getting betteries anymore for Lumia 1520. Where could I find original or atleast close to orginal battery in India. Thanks

check in the online stores such as amazon
And maybe with local phone repair shops

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

let it charge fully and then observe. There might have been so much activity that the phone could not keep up with charging

PRASHANT SONI

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
i have lumia 1520 dead and i want to sale my original battery to you 9960657580

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss