Firmware

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, AU update rolled out, and came down to our Blu WIN HD LTE X150Q. But there are still some nagging issues with it.

The OS still thinks that the phone's "Root Device Category" is a "Computer", which messes up some universal app interfaces.
Screen brightness is always flickering.
Camera can't auto focus properly. You have to touch the screen to enable the focusing circle, then take picture (really slow way of taking a picture)
Battery level isn't accurate. It always drops quickly, but a normal reboot will reinitialize the level to be correct.

I left feedback to BLU via their Contact Service web page about when a firmware update might come out.

I encourage everyone with this device to do the same, contact Blu, and maybe if enough of us submit issues, they might roll out something soon.

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, the Firmware "Root Device Category" setting is a pretty big mess-up by BLU and should be fixed ASAP. Also, the firmware includes the "Amazon App" which has been discontinued by Amazon, thus shouldn't be auto-included.

The Screen Brightness and Camera issues I have noticed as well. But are these BLU Firmware Issues or Microsoft Issues? Honestly, the OS should NOT allow any drastic change to the Brightness and Auto-Brightness should always be applied over a 3 or 5s gradient period. This would fix the "flickering". It's just bad design by Microsoft.

I've experienced your Battery issue as well in the past. Just doing a Battery Reset fixed it for me, and made the battery remember the proper charge. You can find instructions on this forum. It's happened twice for me, and the battery reset button fixed it each time.

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Codster314
Agreed, the Firmware "Root Device Category" setting is a pretty big mess-up by BLU and should be fixed ASAP. Also, the firmware includes the "Amazon App" which has been discontinued by Amazon, thus shouldn't be auto-included.

The Screen Brightness and Camera issues I have noticed as well. But are these BLU Firmware Issues or Microsoft Issues? Honestly, the OS should NOT allow any drastic change to the Brightness and Auto-Brightness should always be applied over a 3 or 5s gradient period. This would fix the "flickering". It's just bad design by Microsoft.,

I've experienced your Battery issue as well in the past. Just doing a Battery Reset fixed it for me, and made the battery remember the proper charge. You can find instructions on this forum. It's happened twice for me, and the battery reset button fixed it each time.

The "flickering" that you noted is hardware related, the others phones that I checked (640, 735, 525) whit the same build behave different whit a smooth fade in/out bright change, maybe a new firmware can fix that or maybe it's not supported by the phone itself...

DaHardhouse

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
What is the latest firmware revision? I have several problems since the AU (14393.67) was automatically installed. Apps (Edge & Health among others) that I use everyday, several times a day, are no longer working properly. Health crashes upon launch! Some anniversary update! All it makes me wanna do is get a divorce from W10M. I've stuck it out since WP7 and am seriously considering jumping to the iPhone ****, I mean ship.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The current firmware version is: 00150.04717.20001.1503

I got frustrated and rolled back with WDRT to WP8.1. There are things I miss in W10M, but there are some things that just work better in WP8.1.

So if BLU does eventually push out a new firmware, let us know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99