All emails stop working

a1mark

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I had an issue like this following a recent update. Two email accounts, neither would update. Cant get into settings, it's as though they dont exist. Cant remove them, they're not there. Cant add them they already exist. Cant uninstall Outlook. Had to do a complete reset.

Make sure you have a good back up. Make sure your MS account is the first one you add otherwise you dont getyt opportunity to restore. Also, dont make the mistake I did of having double authentication turned on. If you do yo uneed to get the code from a text they send you but you're unable to read it. Turn double auth off untoil you've done the restore and then switch it back on again - if you use it that is.

Good luck!

(now mine is OK i seem to have caught the issue where wifi keeps dropping!)

Last edited:

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I tried soft reset and I checked the store. A few apps were downloaded including MS People.

No, I am not doing hard reset. The phone is still working: It shows time, it texts, and even places and receives phone calls. Not like stupid iPhone.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
After last insider preview update all my email accounts stopped working.
Ant idea?
My idea since none of your other options seems to have worked: Do a hard reset using WDRT and stay away from Insider builds.

There was an issue with GMail that Google was supposed to have fixed earlier this month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2