Should I factory reset L640 on AU?

Wan Firas

May 17, 2015
Visit site
My L640 has never been touched by Previews. All upgrades are official ones from WP 8.1.

The only quirk right now is poor charging since 10586. I thought it was my charger being old. But the charging slowly warning constantly appears on whichever charger. Is there a possibility of the faulty charging port on my phone?

I've read somewhere that a factory reset might do it good. Is it worth it? I don't have any important things stored in the phone since I've just graduated & started working.

acejavelin

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
My L640 has never been touched by Previews. All upgrades are official ones from WP 8.1.

The only quirk right now is poor charging since 10586. I thought it was my charger being old. But the charging slowly warning constantly appears on whichever charger. Is there a possibility of the faulty charging port on my phone?

I've read somewhere that a factory reset might do it good. Is it worth it? I don't have any important things stored in the phone since I've just graduated & started working.
I factory reset after every major update... Keeps things clean, and at this point it can't hurt anything.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

The need for doing hard resets just means a poor OS update management from the developer (Microsoft). Unfortunately that is the case. I've seen this issue with a Lumia 830 showing "slow charging" messages whatever the charger being used. Unfortunately the only way to correct this issue was doing a Hard Reset. I can't understand why Microsoft is developing bad quality software since the announcement of W10M. Anyway, do a backup of your data and do a Hard Reset, it would be a waste of time but here we are using bad quality software. Good luck.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
The need for doing hard resets just means a poor OS update management from the developer (Microsoft). Unfortunately that is the case. I've seen this issue with a Lumia 830 showing "slow charging" messages whatever the charger being used. Unfortunately the only way to correct this issue was doing a Hard Reset. I can't understand why Microsoft is developing bad quality software since the announcement of W10M. Anyway, do a backup of your data and do a Hard Reset, it would be a waste of time but here we are using bad quality software. Good luck.
I can attest it is not just a Microsoft thing. Android is plagued with similar issues at times as I've used both platforms. Can't speak for Apple products though. Can't argue with the update management issues. However, I have noticed that problems after updates are not consistent from one phone to the next. One user may have no issues, another only one or two, while another can have numerous. I have come to terms with it and just hard reset after a major update. I delay updates until i have time to actually go through the whole process. Prefer to limit the probability of some issue popping up at some inopportune moment.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I can attest it is not just a Microsoft thing. Android is plagued with similar issues at times as I've used both platforms. Can't speak for Apple products though. Can't argue with the update management issues. However, I have noticed that problems after updates are not consistent from one phone to the next. One user may have no issues, another only one or two, while another can have numerous. I have come to terms with it and just hard reset after a major update. I delay updates until i have time to actually go through the whole process. Prefer to limit the probability of some issue popping up at some inopportune moment.

What do you recommend to solve this...? Oh wait, I know, a Hard Reset!!

HardReset.jpg

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
its the charger that came with the phone its a weak charger i use my tablet charger i believe its 5v 2amp it charges my phone noticeably faster than the charger that came with my 640 XL

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss