How Does Hard Resetting the Phone Affect Delisted WP Games?

pedgz

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Searched for an answer for this but haven't found anything...

My old WP Lumia 830 may seem to require a hard reset. It doesn't update anymore any of the apps and games installed, and it doesn't log me in to my Xbox hub anymore. Saved in the SD card of this first 830 are some delisted WP games that I have not yet played (Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Babel).

I have a second, newer 830 that has its firmware updated but when I tried using the SD card from the old 830, it said that it required the card to be formatted.

Seeing I may have to do it, if I hard reset the older 830 with the SD card removed, would it most likely do the same thing as the newer 830 did when it tried to recognize the SD card inserted?
What about if I hard reset the older 830 with the SD card still inserted? Would it also automatically remove all the apps and games installed in the SD card?

My main concern is that I fear that hard resetting the older 830 regardless of whether the SD card is inserted or not may cause me to forever lose those delisted WP games.

Any advice would be of great help. Thanks!

Last edited:

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
What about if I hard reset the older 830 with the SD card still inserted? Would it also automatically remove all the apps and games installed in the SD card?

My main concern is that I fear that hard resetting the older 830 regardless of whether the SD card is inserted or not may cause me to forever lose those delisted WP games.

If you do hard reset from menu option in windows, it will ask you if you want to keep all an SD card, or erase it.
If you hard reset with buttons, you may loose all on SD card, so make a backup.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720